3 item to buy (want to upgrade pc), which one should I buy first, second and last?

muiz92
Go to solution Solved by Moonzy,
2 minutes ago, Cvet76 said:

If you want an AMD processor, you're gonna need a new motherboard, since the one you have is for Intel CPUs only. So that there is 2 products right of the bat.

My suggestion to you, depending on your current budget, would be to get yourself a new reputable PSU and an i3 or i5 or even an i7 intel CPU. And another 8GB stick of RAM. Just getting yourself off of the Pentium brand into the i-series will be a jump in performance along with the memory.

i would put SSD above the rest if he's still booting off a HDD

it boosts the experience by a lot (even on my core 2 quad system) and the power draw change wouldnt be too different warranting a worry for the PSU

but yes, looking for an i5 6400/6500/6600 or i7 6700 would be a decent upgrade

and another 8gb of RAM would be nice too, i would grab this before CPU.

SSD -> RAM/PSU -> CPU

Budget (including currency): N/A

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Doom, The Witcher 3, Metal Gear Solid V, Dota 2, Factorio, City Skyline, Kill the Spire, Grimdawn, Dark Soul 3

Other details I want to buy Ryzen™ 5 5600X, PSU corsair CX grey, and Samsung EVO 860 SSD. I want to buy each item in 9 month interval. The question is, which one should i buy first and in what order? 

Current build is very cheap build, but im okay with it.

Pentium G4560

GALAX GeForce GTX 1050 Ti EXOC 4GB

Asus H110M-K

1x 8GB Kingston HyperX FURY DDR4

1TB WD Blue HDD (my boot drive)

1x 240GB WD Green™ SATA SSD 2.5”/7mm cased ( I store DOOM game in this ssd)

AIGO 550W GP550 80+ BRONZE POWER SUPPLY PSU

Want to upgrade purely because I want to spend money every 9 month to come. 

SSD -> PSU -> CPU(motherboard and ram as well) would be my order

PSU and CPU (and set) could be swapped, but i'd sleep easier if i know my PSU is decent

you could also try and find a i7 6700 for cheap and use it in the meantime?

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

2 minutes ago, Cvet76 said:

If you want an AMD processor, you're gonna need a new motherboard, since the one you have is for Intel CPUs only. So that there is 2 products right of the bat.

My suggestion to you, depending on your current budget, would be to get yourself a new reputable PSU and an i3 or i5 or even an i7 intel CPU. And another 8GB stick of RAM. Just getting yourself off of the Pentium brand into the i-series will be a jump in performance along with the memory.

i would put SSD above the rest if he's still booting off a HDD

it boosts the experience by a lot (even on my core 2 quad system) and the power draw change wouldnt be too different warranting a worry for the PSU

and another 8gb of RAM would be nice too, i would grab this before CPU.

SSD -> RAM/PSU -> CPU

15 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

quick search on my country online store, they only sell i5 10th gen. do you think i5 10400 is an okay upgrade?

2 minutes ago, muiz92 said:

quick search on my country online store, they only sell i5 10th gen. do you think i5 10400 is an okay upgrade?

those ones i listed are old CPU, you'll need to look at 2nd hand market for those

you'll need a new motherboard for the newer CPU too, yours can only support up to 7000 series (but you'll need a bios update)

11 minutes ago, Cvet76 said:

He already has an SSD and an HDD. He uses his SSD solely for Doom.

In the first reply I wrote I suggested you @muiz92switch the SSD and HDD. But then deleted it and forgot to include it the second time. Put the OS on your SSD and use the HDD for a mass storage device for your games. Load times are not that dramatically changed and SSDs are, as @Moonzystated, a game changer if you install the OS on them.

BAM! Money saved, SSD purchase postponed until you get your other components in check.

Oh, and UP THE IRONS!

UP THE IRONS!

I got the Green WD SSD. it is DRAM less. Idk about that until I play dota2 on it. The game stutter occasionally on ssd, so I move the game back to HDD. But the weird thing is, Doom game run smoothly on that green WD SSD.

2 minutes ago, muiz92 said:

The game stutter occasionally on ssd

i've had this issue when using DRAMless SSD for game storage

it happens when my RAM is full and starts pagefiling, the SSD usage spikes to 100%, might be the same case for you too