Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Will my Corsair TX650M 650W PSU be good enough with an RTX 3070?

I have pretty much everything for this build already and i was wondering if my power supply would okay to use with my build.

 

Ryzen 5 5600x CPU

B550 Asus Rog Strix A -Gaming Mobo

2 x8 16 GB G. Skill 3600 DDR4 Ram

Gigabyte RTX 3070 GPU

 

This PSU is 80+ Gold rated and saw reviews on it and thought id buy it but now that i have it i just want to make sure itll be okay to use and not break anything.

I do plan on overclocking later on in the future.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, arthur_d11 said:

I have pretty much everything for this build already and i was wondering if my power supply would okay to use with my build.

 

Ryzen 5 5600x CPU

B550 Asus Rog Strix A -Gaming Mobo

2 x8 16 GB G. Skill 3600 DDR4 Ram

Gigabyte RTX 3070 GPU

 

This PSU is 80+ Gold rated and saw reviews on it and thought id buy it but now that i have it i just want to make sure itll be okay to use and not break anything.

I do plan on overclocking later on in the future.

 

Nope, It has only one EPS connector so your four pin will not be populated. Get a phantex amp 650. it is pretty much a seasonic rebrand. It is 80+ gold and $10 cheaper.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, General_Narwhal33 said:

Nope, It has only one EPS connector so your four pin will not be populated. Get a phantex amp 650. it is pretty much a seasonic rebrand. It is 80+ gold and $10 cheaper.

Unless you are doing high overclocks on Ryzen 9 CPUs, single 8 pin is enough. 

 

I think @arthur_d11 has the PSU already, so the answer would be yes, your PSU can handle that config no problem.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, boghubodaghi said:

Unless you are doing maximum overclocks on Ryzen 9 CPUs, single 8 pin is enough. 

In terms of Cp and oc , yes. but in terms of everything else no. Honestly, it is better to populate it for later. Beside that It is over priced. You can get a 

EVGA G5,

Phanteks AMP

for cheaper.

All are gold and are full modular

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, General_Narwhal33 said:

In terms of Cp and oc , yes. but in terms of everything else no. Honestly, it is better to populate it for later. Beside that It is over priced. You can get a 

EVGA G5,

Phanteks AMP

for cheaper.

All are gold and are full modular

I already have the PSU i got it last black friday for a good deal, but im a little confused to what your opinion were on it the specs, so you don't think it'll be okay?

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, General_Narwhal33 said:

In terms of Cp and oc , yes. but in terms of everything else no. Honestly, it is better to populate it for later. Beside that It is over priced. You can get a 

EVGA G5,

Phanteks AMP

for cheaper.

All are gold and are full modular

If you have no idea about anything regarding PSUs, please have the decency to not spew absolute BS that misleads others. 🙂

And please don't try to make excuses for yourself, both of your replies have made it very obvious that you don't know anything.

2 minutes ago, arthur_d11 said:

I already have the PSU i got it last black friday for a good deal, but im a little confused to what your opinion were on it the specs, so you don't think it'll be okay?

Should be fine, the system should consume close to 300W under a gaming load. Worst case scenario, if it has trouble powering the system, is that it will safely shut down.

:)

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, seon123 said:

If you have no idea about anything regarding PSUs, please have the decency to not spew absolute BS that misleads others. 🙂

And please don't try to make excuses for yourself, both of your replies have made it very obvious that you don't know anything.

Should be fine, the system should consume close to 300W under a gaming load. Worst case scenario, if it has trouble powering the system, is that it will safely shut down.

Yep you’re right, 300W is what pcpartpicker says how many watts it’s taking. Thank you very much appreciated advice!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, arthur_d11 said:

I already have the PSU i got it last black friday for a good deal, but im a little confused to what your opinion were on it the specs, so you don't think it'll be okay?

You're perfectly fine.  Just use the 8-pin and leave the 4-pin on the motherboard unpopulated.

 

If you HAVE TO get a 4-pin for the CPU because you're going to do some crazy overclocking (doubt it, but...) or a use a really powerful CPU (like a Ryzen 9 5950X) and do "some" overclocking, you can buy a modular cable and plug it into the second 8-pin modular connector on the PSU:

 

Example:  https://www.amazon.com/COMeap-Detachable-EPS-12V-Motherboard-Adapter/dp/B07VF887KN

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, arthur_d11 said:

I have pretty much everything for this build already and i was wondering if my power supply would okay to use with my build.

 

Ryzen 5 5600x CPU

B550 Asus Rog Strix A -Gaming Mobo

2 x8 16 GB G. Skill 3600 DDR4 Ram

Gigabyte RTX 3070 GPU

 

This PSU is 80+ Gold rated and saw reviews on it and thought id buy it but now that i have it i just want to make sure itll be okay to use and not break anything.

I do plan on overclocking later on in the future.

 

 

Well it will work fine, it is the min required for the 3070.

 

However, if you plan on doing more in the future and or upgrading then you may want to look into both a higher end and higher wattage PSU.

 

Something like a Corsair RMX 750W as an example. 

i9 9900K @ 5.0 GHz, NH D15, 32 GB DDR4 3200 GSKILL Trident Z RGB, AORUS Z390 MASTER, EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB, Samsung 860 EVO 1TB, Samsung 860 EVO 500GB, ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q 27", Steel Series APEX PRO, Logitech Gaming Pro Mouse, CM Master Case 5, Corsair AXI 1600W Titanium. 

 

i7 8086K, AORUS Z370 Gaming 5, 16GB GSKILL RJV DDR4 3200, EVGA 2080TI FTW3 Ultra, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB, (2)SAMSUNG 860 EVO 500 GB, Acer Predator XB1 XB271HU, Corsair HXI 850W.

 

i7 8700K, AORUS Z370 Ultra Gaming, 16GB DDR4 3000, EVGA 1080Ti FTW3 Ultra, Samsung 960 EVO 250GB, Corsair HX 850W.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×