Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Poll about love  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree on this? - The more you know someone, the more you love them.

2. 2. Where are you from?

Hi guys,

I decided to make poll about love. Question is - Do you agree on this that the more time goes the more you love someone? Me and my wife were watching the TV show house and there was moment when someone says this: "The more you know someone, the more you should love them". My wife told me that most Americans don't live like that (basically don't agree on that). So, I decided to make a poll, purely out of curiosity if it's true, so when you will be answering the question, please also say where are you from.

Personally, I think the more you know and live with someone, more you love them. I'm like that. For example, if you get new dog, sure you start loving it, but you will love more the dog that has been with you for years. It's same with humans. Well, that's what I believe in, or at least that's how it is for me.

CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-10400F | COOLER: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte B460M DS3H | RAM: Viper Steel Series 16GB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming 8GB | STORAGE: Crucial M550 SSD 120GB + 2TB HDD + 4TB HDD +4TB HDD | CASE: Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus | PSU: XFX PRO1050W Black Edition (80+ Gold) | KEYBOARD: Corsair Vengeance K70 | MOUSE: Logitech G502 | MOUSEPAD: Marvo MG010 | MONITOR: Philips 298P4 29" UltraWide | SPEAKERS: Microlab Solo7C | HEADSET: Trust GXT 410 Rune Illuminated | OS: WIndows 10 64bit

This is in no way tech-related. This is a tech forum.

I could see this going both ways, so a simple "yes/no" answer really is not enough to answer this question.

The more you get to know someone, the more you can love them, but the opposite could also be the case. You can learn more of their flaws, which could lower the love you have for them.

Of course love is about accepting each other for who they are and learning to deal with each other despite of them, but there is a limit to that too.

3 minutes ago, Levent said:

image.png.f135967997591ced8f46167ff3530815.png

Thats is a shitty poll. What if I am from Brazil? or Mexico? 

*angry Antarctica noises*

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

Sorry if my post seemed rude, that is never my intention.

4 minutes ago, Levent said:

My bad, forgot add South America. I just edited it. You can try it now.

CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-10400F | COOLER: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte B460M DS3H | RAM: Viper Steel Series 16GB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming 8GB | STORAGE: Crucial M550 SSD 120GB + 2TB HDD + 4TB HDD +4TB HDD | CASE: Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus | PSU: XFX PRO1050W Black Edition (80+ Gold) | KEYBOARD: Corsair Vengeance K70 | MOUSE: Logitech G502 | MOUSEPAD: Marvo MG010 | MONITOR: Philips 298P4 29" UltraWide | SPEAKERS: Microlab Solo7C | HEADSET: Trust GXT 410 Rune Illuminated | OS: WIndows 10 64bit
5 minutes ago, LWM723 said:

This is in no way tech-related. This is a tech forum.

So what, it's off topic. That's why off topic exists.

Off topic description: "Discussion - Non-tech related content only please! New members can say Hi here."

"The more you know someone, the more you love them."  

I've known a number of people who didn't "reveal" their true selves to me until I knew them well enough.  Unfortunately, their true self was kinda horrible -- they just lived under a façade so they'd be more palatable people to their casual acquaintances.  

#Muricaparrotgang

Folding@Home Stats | Current PC Loadout:

Small                        Bigger				Biggerer				Biggest
Fractal Design Focus G       NZXT H1				Lian LI O11 Dynamic XL			Fractal Design Meshify C
FX-8320                      Ryzen 3 3200G			Ryzen 5 3600				Ryzen 7 3700X
120mm AIO                    120mm AIO				Custom 280mm loop			Noctua NH-D15
A motherboard                ASRock B450 mobo			MSI x570 mobo				MSI x570 mobo
16gb DDR3                    16gb DDR4 @ 3200			16gb DDR4 @ 3200			16gb DDR4 @ 3600
a melange of HDDs/SSDs       WD 1tb m.2				WD 500gb m.2				WD 1tb m.2/2tb HDD
PNY GTX 1070 x2              GTX 1070				GTX 1070 FE				MSI RTX 2080 TI
some 650w PSU                650W SFX-L 80+ Gold		MSI RTX 2080 Super			EVGA SuperNova 750w 80+ GOLD 
								Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD

3 hours ago, Levent said:

My Mother had me....

Random Things to Think About:

1. Remember that the Internet is full of "That Guy Says": Do your research

2. Heat Kills Electronics: Fan not working on cpu? Lots of heat and maybe some Electronic Burning Odor.

3. Being a Moderator on any website, is a Thankless Job

I'd agree for the most part.

I was enamored with my now-fiancée from the start, but the love deepened as I got to know her charms and quirks. I love her in part because I know what she's gone through and what she's striving for.

There's a degree of truth for platonic love. Some people will undoubtedly reveal an ugliness, but you'll get to appreciate a friend the more you know their history. You might even be more sympathetic to a hard-nosed boss if you know why they do what they do, or the path they took to get to where they are.

A lot of it comes down to empathy: it's much easier to put yourself in someone else's shoes if you have the fuller story. Of course, some people lack even rudimentary empathy... but there's not much helping them.

4 hours ago, Dean0919 said:

My bad, forgot add South America. I just edited it. You can try it now.

mexico isn't part of south america my friend

As for the actual question:

One is not a necessity of the other. There are people I've met and was amicable with until I knew them more and began to dislike them the more I learned. Likewise there are people with whom I grew fond of after learning about them over a long(ish) period of time. It's not enough to say "the more you know someone, the more you should love them" because that implies that you should love your childhood bully who stole your lunch every day from the ages of 4 to 18 and tripped you on your walk home from school, maybe they killed your dog too, but you still love them because you've known them for 14 years, right?

Now that said, there's a problem in how we talk about love, namely that we don't talk about it enough. In English, there's only word for love, but it's used in many different contexts to describe a myriad of distinct situations, emotions, and relationships. The greeks had seven different words for love covering erotic, playful, familial, platonic, worldy (love for all people), long-term, and self love. In English, we can't really discuss those nuances meaningfully, or we can, but it's not easy to. Saying that "you should love soeone the longer you've known them" makes me ask: love how? Do we love them erotically? What about playfully or romantically? It would seem that the answer to that quesiton is a pragmatic love, but then I don't agree that pragmatic love is developed soley on how long a person has known another.

The first question depends a lot. What is love? 

I think that love is not the love some of people think. To me love is knowing someone so well that you can relay on him/her, you can trust the person, always ask him for help, always respect the person. The person always has your back.

Also while I say "person" I do have love for animals. that is different love. Animals cannot do the same things as human can. You can not always trust them, you can not ask for help, but you can get attracted to them, they will help you get through tough times, animals can do a lot of things.

There is also love that means "falling in love" with somebody. It is similar to love that I first describe but it is much stronger, but it has also something different to it; Attractiveness.

You can "fall in love" by only those mental things i talked about, but we cannot lie; we also do not really "fall in love" with someone that we think are "ugly" are not "my type". What im trying to say that we have different standards for our "love". Personally I do not want the looks over the thing I described since I am not that pretty. But good looking people do want to "fall in love" with other good looking people too.

"love" is very different to everybody.

QUOTE ME  FOR ANSWER.

Main PC:

Spoiler

|Ryzen 7 3700x, OC to 4.2ghz @1.3V, 67C, or 4.4ghz @1.456V, 87C || Asus strix 5700 XT, +50 core, +50 memory, +50 power (not a great overclocker) || Asus Strix b550-A || G.skill trident Z Neo rgb 32gb 3600mhz cl16-19-19-19-39, oc to 3733mhz with the same timings || Cooler Master ml360 RGB AIO || Phanteks P500A Digital || Thermaltake ToughPower grand RGB750w 80+gold || Samsung 850 250gb and Adata SX 6000 Lite 500gb || Toshiba 5400rpm 1tb || Asus Rog Theta 7.1 || Asus Rog claymore || Asus Gladius 2 origin gaming mouse || Monitor 1 Asus 1080p 144hz || Monitor 2 AOC 1080p 75hz || 

Test Rig.

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 3400G || Gigabyte b450 S2H || Hyper X fury 2x4gb 2666mhz cl 16 ||Stock cooler || Antec NX100 || Silverstone essential 400w || Transgend SSD 220s 480gb ||

Just Sold

Spoiler

| i3 9100F || Msi Gaming X gtx 1050 TI || MSI Z390 A-Pro || Kingston 1x16gb 2400mhz cl17 || Stock cooler || Kolink Horizon RGB || Corsair CV 550w || Pny CS900 120gb ||

Tier lists for building a PC.

Motherboard tier list. Tier A for overclocking 5950x. Tier B for overclocking 5900x, Tier C for overclocking 5800X. Tier D for overclocking 5600X. Tier F for 4/6 core Cpus at stock. Tier E avoid.

(Also case airflow matter or if you are using Downcraft air cooler)

Spoiler

Gpu tier list. Rtx 3000 and RX 6000 not included since not so many reviews. Tier S for Water cooling. Tier A and B for overcloking. Tier C stock and Tier D avoid.

( You can overclock Tier C just fine, but it can get very loud, that is why it is not recommended for overclocking, same with tier D)

Spoiler

Psu tier List. Tier A for Rtx 3000, Vega and RX 6000. Tier B For anything else. Tier C cheap/IGPU. Tier D and E avoid.

(RTX 3000/ RX 6000 Might run just fine with higher wattage tier B unit, Rtx 3070 runs fine with tier B units)

Spoiler

Cpu cooler tier list. Tier 1&2 for power hungry Cpus with Overclock. Tier 3&4 for overclocking Ryzen 3,5,7 or lower power Intel Cpus. Tier 5 for overclocking low end Cpus or 4/6 core Ryzen. Tier 6&7 for stock. Tier 8&9 Ryzen stock cooler performance. Do not waste your money!

Spoiler

Storage tier List. Tier A for Moving files/  OS. Tier B for OS/Games. Tier C for games. Tier D budget Pcs. Tier E if on sale not the worst but not good.

(With a grain of salt, I use tier C for OS myself)

Spoiler

Case Tier List. Work In Progress. Most Phanteks airflow series cases already done!

Ask me anything :)

In most cases ; yes.

Certainty not applicable all the time. 

🌲🌲🌲

Judge the product by its own merits, not by the Company that created it.

Don't dilute <good thing> by always trying to focus on, and drag conversation back to, <bad thing>.

🌲🌲🌲

16 minutes ago, SavageNeo said:

What is love?

-resist urge- j19ZRyz.jpg

In most cases, I feel like the more I understand someone, the more flaws I find

People tend to be nice to strangers

When they get comfy around them they start showing their true color, and more often than not, it's not better than if we're strangers.

My PCs: Desky | Beddie | Miney | Benchie

Things I need help with: (nothing at the moment)

Spoiler

none atm

I hate Intel's pricing, Ryzen's weird quirks, Nvidia's pricing, and Radeon GPUs in general

Spoiler

Products I like:

Spoiler

Sony Xperia Z1 / Z2 / 10 ii, Asus Strix 970 / 1070, Samsung SSD, WD HDD, Corsair PSUs (AX, RM, CX(grey)), GeForce GPU, NZXT N450/S340, be quiet! Coolers, G.Skill Trident RAM, Logitech M525, Logitech G440, Razer Deathadder Elite

Products I hate:

Spoiler

Xperia Z3, XiaoMi 5c, Radeon GPUs, Razer Audio Products, any bloatwares

Companies I absolutely adore: (and hope it stays that way)

Spoiler

be quiet! - sent me AM4 mounting for my DRP3 even though it's way past the timeframe stated, no questions asked

Corsair - very good RMA experience, absolutely recommend

Companies I hate:

Spoiler

Nvidia, Intel, Apple, TMT (Thundermatch, a retailer)

Personal Blacklisted Companies:

Spoiler

Acer: shit tier quality products, shit tier customer service thus far, they "tried" to solve my issue but they arent really doing anything but delaying and delaying. (on-going case since July)

Gigabyte: horrible customer service (gigabyte had literally 0 customer service, asked me to go to retailer with NO WAY to email them about a question) but at least they fixed my shit in ONE MONTH (would probably take me 1 hour to fix if they let me email them)

XiaoMi Phones: built like a tank but the software is buggy as all hell

Seagate HDD: had too many dead seagate drives

Kingston SSD: 300V controller swap thingy

Razer (except their mouse)

Remember, just because I had good/bad experiences with these companies/product, doesn't mean you will have similar experiences too. I would still recommend these products if they made sense for your needs, but I'll add a disclaimer of my experience if it's relevant. Feel free to DM me asking why they are where they are.

6 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

I feel like the more I understand someone, the more flaws I find

That is true, but also your bond will likely strengthen

7 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

People tend to be nice to strangers

Can relate.

7 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

hen they get comfy around them they start showing their true color

Most of the time.

QUOTE ME  FOR ANSWER.

Main PC:

Spoiler

|Ryzen 7 3700x, OC to 4.2ghz @1.3V, 67C, or 4.4ghz @1.456V, 87C || Asus strix 5700 XT, +50 core, +50 memory, +50 power (not a great overclocker) || Asus Strix b550-A || G.skill trident Z Neo rgb 32gb 3600mhz cl16-19-19-19-39, oc to 3733mhz with the same timings || Cooler Master ml360 RGB AIO || Phanteks P500A Digital || Thermaltake ToughPower grand RGB750w 80+gold || Samsung 850 250gb and Adata SX 6000 Lite 500gb || Toshiba 5400rpm 1tb || Asus Rog Theta 7.1 || Asus Rog claymore || Asus Gladius 2 origin gaming mouse || Monitor 1 Asus 1080p 144hz || Monitor 2 AOC 1080p 75hz || 

Test Rig.

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 3400G || Gigabyte b450 S2H || Hyper X fury 2x4gb 2666mhz cl 16 ||Stock cooler || Antec NX100 || Silverstone essential 400w || Transgend SSD 220s 480gb ||

Just Sold

Spoiler

| i3 9100F || Msi Gaming X gtx 1050 TI || MSI Z390 A-Pro || Kingston 1x16gb 2400mhz cl17 || Stock cooler || Kolink Horizon RGB || Corsair CV 550w || Pny CS900 120gb ||

Tier lists for building a PC.

Motherboard tier list. Tier A for overclocking 5950x. Tier B for overclocking 5900x, Tier C for overclocking 5800X. Tier D for overclocking 5600X. Tier F for 4/6 core Cpus at stock. Tier E avoid.

(Also case airflow matter or if you are using Downcraft air cooler)

Spoiler

Gpu tier list. Rtx 3000 and RX 6000 not included since not so many reviews. Tier S for Water cooling. Tier A and B for overcloking. Tier C stock and Tier D avoid.

( You can overclock Tier C just fine, but it can get very loud, that is why it is not recommended for overclocking, same with tier D)

Spoiler

Psu tier List. Tier A for Rtx 3000, Vega and RX 6000. Tier B For anything else. Tier C cheap/IGPU. Tier D and E avoid.

(RTX 3000/ RX 6000 Might run just fine with higher wattage tier B unit, Rtx 3070 runs fine with tier B units)

Spoiler

Cpu cooler tier list. Tier 1&2 for power hungry Cpus with Overclock. Tier 3&4 for overclocking Ryzen 3,5,7 or lower power Intel Cpus. Tier 5 for overclocking low end Cpus or 4/6 core Ryzen. Tier 6&7 for stock. Tier 8&9 Ryzen stock cooler performance. Do not waste your money!

Spoiler

Storage tier List. Tier A for Moving files/  OS. Tier B for OS/Games. Tier C for games. Tier D budget Pcs. Tier E if on sale not the worst but not good.

(With a grain of salt, I use tier C for OS myself)

Spoiler

Case Tier List. Work In Progress. Most Phanteks airflow series cases already done!

Ask me anything :)

Obviously it depends on the person and how they act. Maybe they change as you get to know them?

However, I selected Asia, but i'm in the oceanic region (AU/NZ/Pac)

This post is brought to you by water

5 hours ago, Levent said:

Great way to see the demographics of the LTT community.

We Europeans are 447 million,and Americans are 328 million,so i predict that Americans and Europeans are the majority of the community.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 5 2600@3.9GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R15: 1382cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3439
1 minute ago, RorzNZ said:

However, I selected Asia, but i'm in the oceanic region (AU/NZ/Pac)

Yep,It's the continent of Oceania,not Asia.

AMD Ryzen 5 2600@3.9GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz

The more you know someone... the more you love them...

Well. Yes.

But also no. It could also be "The more you love someone, the more you want to know them".

Similar, but not the same.

If I don't like you, I won't bother trying to find out more about you.

If I like you, I may be more interested in learning more about you, which in turn can result in a greater love, just as it can result in me finding things I would've preferred never knowing and ruining the relationship.

If I'm simply not interested in you, it will take a LONG time before I know you enough about you and even that may not result in me "loving" you as more than an acquaintance/friend.

Then there's all the different type of love and feelings changing and...

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3600 / GPU: Radeon HD7970 GHz 3GB(upgrade pending) / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

6 hours ago, Levent said:

Why does no body cares about Antarctica?

2 minutes ago, James Evens said:

Why does no body cares about Antarctica?

Because nobody except scientists care about Antarctica.

Literally no one lives there permanently, zero indigenous population, zero industry, zero cities, zero anything other than scientists, researchers and their various employees. Less than 5000 people live there on a good year.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3600 / GPU: Radeon HD7970 GHz 3GB(upgrade pending) / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

18 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

Because nobody except scientists care about Antarctica.

Literally no one lives there permanently, zero indigenous population, zero industry, zero cities, zero anything other than scientists, researchers and their various employees. Less than 5000 people live there on a good year.

What about the Arctic?,people live there (Greenland)

6 hours ago, Dean0919 said:

Hi guys,

I decided to make poll about love. Question is - Do you agree on this that the more time goes the more you love someone? Me and my wife were watching the TV show house and there was moment when someone says this: "The more you know someone, the more you should love them". My wife told me that most Americans don't live like that (basically don't agree on that). So, I decided to make a poll, purely out of curiosity if it's true, so when you will be answering the question, please also say where are you from.

Personally, I think the more you know and live with someone, more you love them. I'm like that. For example, if you get new dog, sure you start loving it, but you will love more the dog that has been with you for years. It's same with humans. Well, that's what I believe in, or at least that's how it is for me.

Your wife was right. You didn't need a poll for that.

Must be young love. When your women knows she's right.... She's right. Even if there is a slim chance or total chance she is wrong..... She's still right.

Second tip I can give you, let her vent. It may seem pointed to you, just shut up and answer when prompted. Save yourself from many arguments just "taking the heat".

The more I drive my car, the more I love it. 

The older my puppy grows, the more I love it.

The more my kids grow, the more I love them..... till they move out, the I REALLY love them!! 

So yep. Wifey is right. doesn't matter what you think 😛

- If it ain't broken, don't fix it! - - Your post codes and beep codes in the drop down below -

Spoiler

6 hours ago, minibois said:

1. I could see this going both ways, so a simple "yes/no" answer really is not enough to answer this question.

Of course love is about accepting each other for who they are and learning to deal with each other despite of them, but there is a limit to that too.

2. *angry Antarctica noises*

1 hour ago, Moonzy said:

3. In most cases, I feel like the more I understand someone, the more flaws I find

1 hour ago, TetraSky said:

4. Well. Yes. But also no

41 minutes ago, Vishera said:

5. What about the Arctic? People live there (Greenland)

35 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

6. Your wife was right. You didn't need a poll for that.

1. Exactly, time gives more knowledge and more room for acceptance of that knowledge. Or lack of acceptance

2. XD

3. That's exactly it. Love is about caring despite flaws. Loving without condition. So when you find those flaws, you find you either love them a bit more or love them a bit less

4. You forgot your meme, here you go

Spoiler

Well Yes, But Actually No | Know Your Meme

5. I really hope you're trolling, but in case you're not, the Arctic circle is around the northern pole while Antarctica is in the Antarctic Circle around the South Pole

6. Did we establish a viewpoint from the OP or his wife on this? Maybe I missed it but I thought her view was Americans don't live by it, not whether it was a thing or not. Having said that I 100% agree. Happy Life Happy Wife. When she's right, she's right, When I'm right, it's about her being right, when I'm wrong, she's right, and when she's wrong, she's wrong about me being right.

4 hours ago, Vishera said:

What about the Arctic?,people live there (Greenland)

The Arctic is a region comprised of Canada, Greenland, Iceland, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Russia, and the United States.

Can't really compare it to the continent Antarctica. You can however compare it to the Antarctic (region), which barely has anything in it, mostly uninhabited islands and Antarctica itself... So really... Apple to oranges.

6 hours ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Your wife was right. You didn't need a poll for that.

Must be young love. When your women knows she's right.... She's right. Even if there is a slim chance or total chance she is wrong..... She's still right.

Second tip I can give you, let her vent. It may seem pointed to you, just shut up and answer when prompted. Save yourself from many arguments just "taking the heat".

The more I drive my car, the more I love it. 

The older my puppy grows, the more I love it.

The more my kids grow, the more I love them..... till they move out, the I REALLY love them!! 

So yep. Wifey is right. doesn't matter what you think 😛

Young love? Let her vent?...Man, you completely went into wrong direction 😄

You misunderstood. My wife agrees with me on that too, we have same opinion about it 😉 & no, we're not just married young people 😄

She just said that the majority Americans disagree and aren't like us & I was curious if it was true and decided to make a poll.

I think some people here digressed into something else and misunderstood my question. Question was about love (romantic love and not relationship with your friends or your annoying coworkers & bosses...)