Every game closes after 5 minutes of gameplay

Go to solution Solved by Mark Kaine,
12 minutes ago, matthijsv98 said:

Yeah, reinstalling did a good one, at least it doesn't crash as often

Ok I still think this could be the culprit, but for now it seems to be at least improved. 

As for the hard drive, would indeed also still be worth testing of course. 

So this event tracer have many reasons, but one I found was Microsoft one drive, so disable or remove that, if you have it running... could be some kind of conflict apparently. 

And yes, the reason I'm telling you mostly to turn off stuff, this is most likely a software issue,  which kinda includes the hard drive (as it's obviously important to run software and as I said can cause many weird issues therfore)

Hello,

I encounter specific problems since february update of Windows. Event Log was a mess and couldn't find what the problem was, so I just reinstalled windows keeping apps and files.

Now I encountered a blue screen, which is new.

The problem: In every somewhat heavy load game, the game just randomly closes without any errors. Just freezes and "Alt+F4" itself out. I think it has to do with one of these things:
-Windows files corrupt (Would be weird, since I reinstalled windows)

- Faulty Hard Drive (I don't even use that one for OS or gaming)

-Razer Kraken TE driver or program interference

Can someone help me troubleshoot?

Thanks in advance!

Logging.evtx Logging_1033.MTA

So it crashes after 5 min but not on everything.  How accurate is the 5 minute thing?  Exactly five minutes to the second? Seems like a short period of time described as 5 min?  Something in between?

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

32 minutes ago, matthijsv98 said:

Hello,

I encounter specific problems since february update of Windows. Event Log was a mess and couldn't find what the problem was, so I just reinstalled windows keeping apps and files.

Now I encountered a blue screen, which is new.

The problem: In every somewhat heavy load game, the game just randomly closes without any errors. Just freezes and "Alt+F4" itself out. I think it has to do with one of these things:
-Windows files corrupt (Would be weird, since I reinstalled windows)

- Faulty Hard Drive (I don't even use that one for OS or gaming)

-Razer Kraken TE driver or program interference

Can someone help me troubleshoot?

Thanks in advance!

Logging.evtx 68 kB · 1 download Logging_1033.MTA 23.01 kB · 1 download

Try installing a complete new set of drivers. If that does not work, try updating the BIOS, that fixed a crashing problem for me. But be careful, if you lose power to the PC in the middle of a BIOS update, you will have a very expensive useless hunk of metal and plastic.

“Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak.” - Sun Tzu, The Art of War #muricaparrotgang

Tier Lists and Specs List Below

Motherboard VRM tier list  -----  PSU tier list

React if you agree with me!

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600  |  CPU Cooler: Asus ROG STRIX LC240 White |  RAM: Crucial Ballistix RGB 16GB 3600 | Mobo: ASUS ROG STRIX B550-A  |  SSD: Inland m.2 NVMe SSD 256GB  |  HDD: Seagate 2TB 7200RPM |  GPU: RTX 3060 Ti FE  |  PSU: Seasonic SGX 650 |  Case: Lian Li o11 mini-W  |  Mouse: Razer Basilisk mercury |  Keyboard: Drop CTRL (Used. I did not spend $200 on a keyboard) |  Mouse Pad: Aura Mech Purple Storm  |  MonitorAsus TUF 24" IPS 144Hz 1080p

Let's say 1 Apex Legends game is 20 minutes. I cannot get throught half of the game without my game crashing. Max 10 minutes.

3 hours ago, MarvintheParrot said:

Try installing a complete new set of drivers. If that does not work, try updating the BIOS, that fixed a crashing problem for me. But be careful, if you lose power to the PC in the middle of a BIOS update, you will have a very expensive useless hunk of metal and plastic.

No BIOS update available. Got a ASRock B450 Steel Legend with most recent update. I will try DDU, since drivers were not removed with reinstall of windows.

Someone who can take a look at the Event Viewer? I don't understand and there are lots of 'Critical' errors

On 3/2/2021 at 7:26 PM, matthijsv98 said:

No BIOS update available. Got a ASRock B450 Steel Legend with most recent update. I will try DDU, since drivers were not removed with reinstall of windows.

Then you didn't reinstall windows. 

On 3/2/2021 at 7:26 PM, matthijsv98 said:

Someone who can take a look at the Event Viewer?

take a screen shot of event viewer with the most recent critical errors and post it please. 

On 3/2/2021 at 3:50 PM, matthijsv98 said:

Faulty Hard Drive (I don't even use that one for OS or gaming)

faulty hard drive can cause all kinds of weird stuff, suggestion: remove it, at least temporarily 

On 3/2/2021 at 3:50 PM, matthijsv98 said:

Razer Kraken TE driver or program interference

also possible, if you can at least remove the 'program' I guess 

And full specs would be helpful - without full specs you'll always just get people randomly guessing what could be an issue. 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

On 3/4/2021 at 3:51 PM, Mark Kaine said:

Then you didn't reinstall windows. 

I did, used Windows Creation Tool

take a screen shot of event viewer with the most recent critical errors and post it please. 

image.thumb.png.1a7710f785291726e4c5984d1ae22350.png

faulty hard drive can cause all kinds of weird stuff, suggestion: remove it, at least temporarily 

Will try this after the weekend

also possible, if you can at least remove the 'program' I guess 

And full specs would be helpful - without full specs you'll always just get people randomly guessing what could be an issue. 

Ryzen 7 2700X

Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB

Gigabite Aorus GTX 1080Ti OC

ASRock Steel Legend B450M

Corsair CX650

Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500GB

WD Blue M.2 SSD 1TB

HP GB1000EAFJL

Seagate ST1000DM003

12 minutes ago, matthijsv98 said:

Ok I still think this could be the culprit, but for now it seems to be at least improved. 

As for the hard drive, would indeed also still be worth testing of course. 

So this event tracer have many reasons, but one I found was Microsoft one drive, so disable or remove that, if you have it running... could be some kind of conflict apparently. 

And yes, the reason I'm telling you mostly to turn off stuff, this is most likely a software issue,  which kinda includes the hard drive (as it's obviously important to run software and as I said can cause many weird issues therfore)

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

I will order a new one, since it reads and writes 70MB/s and it's 7 years old, if not more. Thanks for your help Mark!

Finally found the solution after 4 weeks!!!

I was looking at the wrong side of the pc, mostly software. It was my RAM that was running a conflicting frequency. 32GB with 3200MHz were running on 3000MHz, while 2933MHz is the sweet spot (Thanks ASRock Steel Legend for making a weird RAM compatibilty). No crashes for a full 3 days!