Any suggestions on pump issue?

Hello,

I have a corsair xd5 pump reservoir combo that I think might have stopped working. It started when I saw my CPU temperature get up to 102C when under the same heavy load it usually gets to 75C. My loop consists of 1 corsair CPU block at the moment, 2 480mm black ice radiators, and 1 360 black ice radiator. when the temperature got high, all the fans were at 100% which is normal so I felt the pump and there was no vibration at or around the D5 pump. The tube directly out of the outport also had no vibration from the force of the pump hitting it. The top of the reservoir is also not moving which usually there are some air bubbles. I have tried unplugging the SATA power and plugging it back in with no luck. My fluid is ek cyrofuel clear with a little distilled water mixed in with some anti algae that was in the distilled water and I am not sure if something fell out of the liquid causing a clog but corsair customer support told me it should not be a clog and the pump is not working properly but they said there warranty does not cover normal wear and tear of the product so there is nothing they can do. I've had the pump since June 2020, is there anything else I should try or just get a new pump? 

D5 pumps are pretty simple creatures and unless you sprung a leak and shorted the internals its usually fine.

Take the pump out of the loop and dry it off then disassemble it and clean out the pump head and rotor then do a quick power test and see if it comes on. put a few drops of tap water in there to give it some lube. you don't want to run it long just a couple seconds to make sure it works before putting it back together.

If it doesn't work then pull it apart further and inspect the PCB for something that may have fried but unless you have the equipment to fix it seeing a roasted resistor or something is just gonna give you piece of mind as you buy a new one. but like 99% of the time with D5 pumps they are just clogged up on the pump and need a good wipedown/cleaning

If your pump is working and you still have high temps you prob have a clog somewhere in the loop. usually in the fins of the block crap can get stuck in there i usually have all kinds of junk in my fins when i use EK cryo fluid. if the block is fine then its likely the rad as the lines are so big nothing ever clogs up them but the rad has small narrow channels that can get clogged up you need to clean them out if they are nasty.

9 hours ago, airborne spoon said:

se EK cryo fluid

Ok, i'll clean it out. Does ek cryo fluid have a tendency of clogging? I thought it wouldn't since its clear and there's no color dyes. So do you believe it is just normal wear and tear like the corsair representative said?