Aliexpress (new) GPU

OneAdrian

So, i recently found this RTX 3070 on aliexpress, and i'm wondering if it's safe to buy a brand new GPU on aliexpress.
I've only seen threads about used GPUs on aliexpress, not new ones.
Any advice?

EDIT: i know the price may seem high, but in italy the prices for any tech component are way over MSRP in america, so i don't actually mind.

image.png.c7e77a628d9c2b87ee811daf75162e1c.png

Yeah I would pass that one.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

13 minutes ago, Dujith said:

Dont buy ANY GPU from Aliexpress, even if it was not a scam then you'll only support scalpers

well if you don't buy it someone else will, it's a dog eat dog world.

Aliexpress is a marketplace like ebay or amazon, there are good and bad seller, just be cautious.

Definitely don't buy from that shop, no customer, no products, i wont even risk $5 on that shop.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

Cannot ship to Canada.. boo. Cuts into scalper profit too much I guess.

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Aqua Elite 360, 3x TL- C12 Pro, 2x TL-K12, SYY-157
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 4 x 8GB G.Skill Trident Z Mix @ 3733 14-14-14-34 1.5v
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1495 | WD SN850, SN850X, 2x SN770, Asus Hyper M.2
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal TorrentCompact | 1x Phanteks T30, 1x TL-B12, 1x TY-143

I do buy very often things from Aliexpress, but never would I trust the shops from there above $100€ value  things....

Maybe just a prejudice ...

I edit my posts more often than not

No other products, stock images,  0 reviews, yet they apparently have enough cards to "fulfill" 7+ orders...

Yeah, hard pass on that one. They are going to take your money and maybe ship you a box filled with rocks or a fake GPU if you're "lucky" ... Nothing at all if not, while assuring you that it was "shipped" 2 months ago... Plenty of time for the money to "clear" and for them to pocket it and disappear. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Buy from AliExpress if you feel like getting scammed on this stuff.

LTT (And I think GN also) has done videos on the fake cards from there.

Don't waste your money.

Adding couple things. The store has been in there since Jan 24th. So looks pretty much like opportunistic. But bigger thing is buying something outside of EU. This is key. If the item is shipped outside of EU, you are the one paying for every fee. And you are going to be paying both import duties and tax for anything over €150 in value.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

5 hours ago, Dujith said:

Dont buy ANY GPU from Aliexpress, even if it was not a scam then you'll only support scalpers

Even when you know it's a scam and it's cheap, just don't ! There was a YTber that would buy obvious scam GPUs for fun, and he got a few that were actually not even a flashed GPU, it was 100% fake (meaning, not a GPU at all, but is designed to look like one) and it killed one of his test PC.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

7 hours ago, wkdpaul said:

Even when you know it's a scam and it's cheap, just don't ! There was a YTber that would buy obvious scam GPUs for fun, and he got a few that were actually not even a flashed GPU, it was 100% fake (meaning, not a GPU at all, but is designed to look like one) and it killed one of his test PC.

Is it safe to buy anything from Aliexpress? I don't exactly trust Chinese Companies.

1 hour ago, whm1974 said:

Is it safe to buy anything from Aliexpress? I don't exactly trust Chinese Companies.

I mean, anything that isn't a complicated electronic device?  The worst you'll end up with is a crappy knock off.

Cases, etc.

1 hour ago, whm1974 said:

Yes, as long as you keep your wits about. Don't use it for high-demand-high-price items, like current gen GPU's as in this case, but more run-of-the-mill stuff is usually fine. I did come across cases where even small, low price items were lost in shipping, but keeping on top of that is fairly easy as Aliexpress has a money-back guarantee within a certain period. Claim your money back within that time and Aliexpress will refund your credit card, usually w/o hassle. Occasionally you'll get a complaint from the seller about being out of pocket, but that's not your problem.

"You don't need eyes to see, you need vision"

(Faithless, 'Reverence' from the 1996 Reverence album)

8 hours ago, whm1974 said:

Aliexpress is eBay-like marketplace, operating under Alibaba (wholesale site). The sellers and brands who have been long in business are reliable. I have got some really good stuff from there. Like for charger cables its better than buying same cables for double the price.

Hating on one marketplace site, but not others is just weird.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

9 hours ago, whm1974 said:

Yeah, it’s an outlet for a lot of stuff you can’t find in other places.

For gpus there are legit Chinese AIBs, Yeston, ASL, Maxsun, and a bunch of others.

Theyre the Chinese equivalents of EVGA, Zotac, MSI, etc, in that a lot of them make a variety of different products ranging from just GPUs to also motherboards and such.

Same goes for other types of component companies, Aigo and Darkflash make a lot of coolers and cases and fans, Aigo also makes power supplies and a few decent ones too.

Theres definitely a stereotype behind Chinese computer stuff for a reason, but if you know how to shop you realize it’s just like eBay, there’s fake sellers and fake items there, just avoid them.

Speaking as someone who built an entire PC where every component was a Chinese domestic brand.

Jonsbo Case, Maxsun motherboard, Snowman cooler, “dragon memory” ram, TCL ram heatsinks, Goldenfir SSD, Aigo power supply...

4 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

Aliexpress is eBay-like marketplace, operating under Alibaba (wholesale site). The sellers and brands who have been long in business are reliable. I have got some really good stuff from there. Like for charger cables its better than buying same cables for double the price.

Hating on one marketplace site, but not others is just weird.

I also refuse to buy from Third Parties on Amazon and Newegg as well.

17 hours ago, whm1974 said:

Is it safe to buy anything from Aliexpress?

It's perfectly safe to buy from Aliexpress when you know what you're doing. I've done so in the past, and will continue in the future.

But I wouldn't buy a new modern GPU from Aliexpress, no, unless I trusted the seller.

Personally, if I need any tech from China, I'm buying from TaoBao and I have someone bring it over on their next trip from China. But that's not something a lot of people can do.

17 hours ago, whm1974 said:

I don't exactly trust Chinese Companies.

Good luck buying any tech then, pretty much 99% of the stuff in the last decade is made there, one way or another. While there are scammers on Aliexpress, there's the same on every platforms, and not buying from 3rd party sellers won't shield you from that.

Edited by wkdpaul

1 hour ago, wkdpaul said:

It's perfectly safe to buy from Aliexpress when you know what you're doing. I've done so in the past, and will continue in the future.

But I wouldn't buy a new modern GPU from Aliexpress, no, unless I trusted the seller.

Personally, if I need any tech from China, I'm buying from TaoBao and I have someone bring it over on their next trip from China. But that's not something a lot of people can do.

Good luck buying any tech then, pretty much 99% of the stuff in the last decade is made there, one way or another. While there are scammers on Aliexpress, there's the same on every platforms, and not buying from 3rd party sellers won't shield you from that.

I'm well aware that a lot of consumer electronics are made in China. However I was referring to the online Vendors located in China who will shipped to the US/EU/Etc.

11 minutes ago, whm1974 said:

However I was referring to the online Vendors located in China who will shipped to the US/EU/Etc.

ah ! fair point then !

But as others have said, there are reputable companies on Aliexpress, but yeah, if you're uncomfortable, better be safe than sorry !

8 hours ago, wkdpaul said:

I honestly thought it's pretty safe to buy there - of course you should check reviews from sellers and such, I'm sure there are scammers too... 

I've been reading reviews for motherboards and stuff, think even for gpus... sure they could be fake, but they seemed genuine (the motherboards were mostly not working lol, but some said works as intended etc) 

well I think it's 'safe' if you pay with paypal and stay within the time frame for refunds, which is I think 3 months. 

I think I've seen people like Linus and gamer nexus buy from ali express...? they didn't seem to get fake stuff, but I'm sure it's a bit of a lottery as well... 🤔

Well, I almost bought a 3070 vulcan last year (for 900 euros) and I kinda regret not doing it and buying a 'vision oc' for a lot less from a German online store instead... but the vulcan would have been the total killer card, it even has an oled screen! (perfect for someone like me who always has some OSDs running...) 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

On 3/3/2021 at 8:39 AM, whm1974 said:

Yes it is, i have multiple transactions in Aliexpress, all delivered, they have buyers protection program if you got the wrong product you can have your money back. I've done this, using paypal, your can dispute it. Common mistake people make is confirming the delivery before checking / testing the product. Once it's done the money will be released to the seller, no turning back.
https://www.aliexpress.com/buyerprotection/overview.html

Just like ebay, be cautious with sellers reputation and records. There are mostly honest sellers and just like ebay there are some nasty one.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w