Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

New System and New to Modern System. CPU Temp Spokes, AIO does not get warm?

I upgraded from my HP A10-800k, to my New Ryzen 9 system with the Arctic LC II 360. When I put a load on it, Cinabench R20, the CPU temp spikes up with in seconds (About 75c-80c), and then CPU throddles... When the run ends, it comes down. I am not sure if this is kinda normal, or if something is not right. I have watched GN's video on the orentation of the Rad. My case will only let me mount it front/hoses top, though the pump is about 1/3 down from the top of the rad. I do hear the air movement at the top of the rad now and then, but it sounds minor and quiet. I have my fans/pump set to go at 100% all the time. I have also flipped  my case so that the rad is in the top position, with the same results. I have checked the application of my thermal compound, and added a bit extra just in case it was not enough, though it was fully coverded. I am getting to my wits end, trying to figure out what else to check, what else I can/need to do. (I have no pump whine/noise.) I have had the system running about 24 hours. Any ideas?

System Specs:

Asus Tuf Gamer X570 Pro

Asus Tuf Gamer GT 301 Case

AMD Ryzen 3900x

nVidia Quadro P620

Gskill Trident Z Neo 3600Mhz 2x16 Gig Kit

Corsair RM850x (White)

Artic Liquid Cooler II 360 Rev 3

You could download HWinfo64 to check if clockspeed drops when temp rises. 80c is fine for 3900x, but you might want to reseat cooler.

Or download Aida64 and run system stability test, you can check throttling in the test:

xe_shot_06.png

CPU: i7 9700K@5.3,52,52,51,51,50,50,50

cache x47, AVX offset 0

Motherboard: Asus Maximus XI Hero

RAM: Patriot Viper Steel 2x8gb@4000, Default CL17, testing new timings

PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3

Mon:  LG 27GL850-B, 144Hz Nano IPS - G-Sync compatible/Freesync

GPU: EVGA 1080ti SC Black Edition w/ G12 bracket

Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K

Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout

Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb

Cooling: CPU: Kraken X62 - GPU: Kraken X42 - both with Noctua NF-A14's

4 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

You could download HWinfo64 to check if clockspeed drops when temp rises. 80c is fine for 3900x, but you might want to reseat cooler.

Or download Aida64 and run system stability test, you can check throttling in the test:

xe_shot_06.png

I will run AIDA64 in a moment to test, and I was using Task Manager to watch the clock speed, and HWinfo (CPUID) to watch the temps. The moment that the temp spikes up, the clock goes down to base on that full load. 😕 

1 minute ago, WiteNite said:

I will run AIDA64 in a moment to test, and I was using Task Manager to watch the clock speed, and HWinfo (CPUID) to watch the temps. The moment that the temp spikes up, the clock goes down to base on that full load. 😕 

boost-clock-analysis.jpg

CPU: i7 9700K@5.3,52,52,51,51,50,50,50

cache x47, AVX offset 0

Motherboard: Asus Maximus XI Hero

RAM: Patriot Viper Steel 2x8gb@4000, Default CL17, testing new timings

PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3

Mon:  LG 27GL850-B, 144Hz Nano IPS - G-Sync compatible/Freesync

GPU: EVGA 1080ti SC Black Edition w/ G12 bracket

Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K

Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout

Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb

Cooling: CPU: Kraken X62 - GPU: Kraken X42 - both with Noctua NF-A14's

How firm is the mounting pressure? I know when I mounted my cooler it felt like it was going to break the board and it was only 3/4 of the way in...