Dual PC Streaming without mixer is a nightmare please help me

Ive tried for days and days to fix this but everything ive seen on videos is really unnecessary and has latency or just sucks. Im mainly talking about voicemeeter. But i really need a way to route my gaming pc audio to my streaming pc while also having my headphones still in my gaming pc. Hearing the streaming pc for me doesnt matter as alerts are not a problem i will have them pulled up on the gaming pc. Is there a way i can do this i also have the hd60 pro if that helps at all. Ive gone through using the audio for elgato sound capture but that required me to have my headphones plugged into my streaming pc which means if im not streaming and want to get on my gaming computer then i wont be able to hear anything. I really need help with this it seems way to confusing for what a simple task this should be.

2 minutes ago, BadWifiGuy said:

Ive tried for days and days to fix this but everything ive seen on videos is really unnecessary and has latency or just sucks. Im mainly talking about voicemeeter. But i really need a way to route my gaming pc audio to my streaming pc while also having my headphones still in my gaming pc. Hearing the streaming pc for me doesnt matter as alerts are not a problem i will have them pulled up on the gaming pc. Is there a way i can do this i also have the hd60 pro if that helps at all. Ive gone through using the audio for elgato sound capture but that required me to have my headphones plugged into my streaming pc which means if im not streaming and want to get on my gaming computer then i wont be able to hear anything. I really need help with this it seems way to confusing for what a simple task this should be.

Basically the problem with Windows, is that software is free to arbitrary pick a sound device. If you want to use VoiceMeeter Banana you have to have it running, switch it to the default output, and then go to every program you want to use it to have windows sett voicemeeter as the default sound device. Then switch back to the sound device you actually want to use.

Most games don't let you override the sound device.

So what you do for voicemeeter is set VBAN for both the streaming and gaming pc, works perfectly. The catch is that as I mentioned in the first paragraph, is that Windows is very obtuse about it. It also tends to hate WiFi.

The alternate, is to just straight up stream from the gaming machine to the streaming machine via NDI. This is far more expensive in bandwidth but is less complicated overall. A compromise (for nvidia experience or steam bigpicture) is to actually "cast" the gaming pc to the streaming pc and then re-stream that via OBS.

9 minutes ago, Kisai said:

Basically the problem with Windows, is that software is free to arbitrary pick a sound device. If you want to use VoiceMeeter Banana you have to have it running, switch it to the default output, and then go to every program you want to use it to have windows sett voicemeeter as the default sound device. Then switch back to the sound device you actually want to use.

Most games don't let you override the sound device.

So what you do for voicemeeter is set VBAN for both the streaming and gaming pc, works perfectly. The catch is that as I mentioned in the first paragraph, is that Windows is very obtuse about it. It also tends to hate WiFi.

The alternate, is to just straight up stream from the gaming machine to the streaming machine via NDI. This is far more expensive in bandwidth but is less complicated overall. A compromise (for nvidia experience or steam bigpicture) is to actually "cast" the gaming pc to the streaming pc and then re-stream that via OBS.

so would you have any cheap alternatives as a mixer that would get me to route all audios into it so i can stream without having to worry about software

3 hours ago, BadWifiGuy said:

so would you have any cheap alternatives as a mixer that would get me to route all audios into it so i can stream without having to worry about software

That seemed confusing I meant do you have any cheap mixer alternatives that you recommend could let me route gaming to streaming pc with mic and audio and everything

2 hours ago, BadWifiGuy said:

I’ll have to switch to Obs as I’m on Streamlabs but if it’s better than nothing than I’ll do what it takes

-> Moved to Programs, Apps and Websites

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv