Need some advice on my AIO installation please (picture)

Hey thanks for checking it this out.

Case: Dark Base Pro 900 - Be quiet Rev.2

CPU: 10900k

Ram: 32gb vengence

GPU: 3070 Auorus master (in the mail)

PSU: Seasonic tx750w platinum

SSD: 1TB Samsung 970pro
HDD: 4TB Seagate blue

So.... this is my first build and I have installed my AIO radiator at the front with the stock fans of the H100i set as intake, becasue there was a clearence issue at the top.

I have watched about 2 hours of videos all with varying/conflicting statements.

Also checked out this post below and watched the video which says all is good and I shouldnt run into any problems. Also can probly squeeze the radiator up about an inch or so more without removing the CD drive holder, which I kinda want to keep as I have a cd/dvd reader on the way. But I can live without a cd reader.

What do you think?

Should I try move the radiator up more?

or have the orientation of the radiator the other way so they are running from the bottom?

or should I remove the CD mount bracket push the radiator to the top and put another intake fan also?

Does the orientation of the pump itself actually matter apart from the logo being at a right angle?

Much apreciation for your comments.

*edit* also there is a shroud over the psu which I will install once my GPU comes.

AIO mount.jpg

Edited by Toblarone
Missing info

Watch this video, GN is quite knowledgeable about this stuff

As long as you don't mount it like they say not to mount, it, you are probably ok

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Thanks I did watch this video which is my biggest problem xD

If I just watched this video I wouldnt be stressing haha.

from that picture, it seems like there is no way to keep the highest point of the loop away from the cpu block if you mount it in the lower front. that is the worst configuration you can have it in. cpu block should not be at the top. if you can mount it above at the top of the case or remove the cd drive cage and move the radiator up, do that. 

If you're like me and only need an optical drive once in a blue moon you can get a powered SATA to USB adapter for about $15 US from the usual suspects.

So I should remove my CD drive mount, rotate the radiatior and place it up higher

** rotate as in flip it so the pipes run from the bottom**

• 1 month later...
On 3/2/2021 at 2:23 AM, Toblarone said:

So I should remove my CD drive mount, rotate the radiatior and place it up higher

** rotate as in flip it so the pipes run from the bottom**

Sorry to take so long to reply. Yes, you should ensure that some part of the radiator is higher than the pump otherwise the pump will get air in it, wear out faster, and provide worse performance.  Ideally the tubes will be on the bottom in a vertical mount or on the ceiling of the case (I can't tell from Be Quiet's site whether there is provision for a radiator on the ceiling), but this is less important than getting some part of the radiator higher than the pump.

If the case design precludes mounting with the radiator safely above the pump you'll need to consider getting a case more suited to water cooling, an air cooler, or a custom loop.