Building a new rig after being out for 10 years (and having saved a bit) - any advice is much appreciated

pazman4

Budget (including currency): ~£2,800 (including a 4k monitor) 

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Warzone, Cyberpunk, MS Flight Sim, CSGO, Tomb Raider, Hitman, RDR2

Other details...

Hi All,

Looking for some advice on a new build. Its been about 10 years since my last build so I'm starting from scratch with components. Keen to get back in and after playing on borrowing a friends rig for a week I'm taking the plunge, 

Looking for 4k gaming and a high refresh rate on competitive fps titles. My budget is £2.8k including a 4k monitor with a gaming refresh rate (After monitoring stock updates for about 5 months I got lucky and snagged myself a 3080 for £800, leaving £2k for the rest of the rig and monitor). 

Been doing a little research and my current thinking is as follows.
https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/7ChDF8

Mainly interested to hear thoughts on the combinations, whether i should be reallocating money and if anyone had s any better recommendations

Any help or advice is is much appreciated - thanks all

------------

My 3080 order was cancelled so this project is being put on hold for a while 😞

4 minutes ago, pazman4 said:

Budget (including currency): ~£2,800 (including a 4k monitor - already have an RTX 3080 GPU, which takes £800 of my budget) 

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Warzone, Cyberpunk, MS Flight Sim, CSGO, Tomb Raider, Hitman, RDR2

Other details...

Hi All,

Looking for some advice on a new build. Its been about 10 years since my last build so I'm starting from scratch with components. Keen to get back in and after playing on borrowing a friends rig for a week I'm taking the plunge, 

Looking for 4k gaming and a high refresh rate on competitive fps titles. My budget is £2.7k including a 4k monitor with a gaming refresh rate (After monitoring stock updates for about 5 months I got lucky and snagged myself a 3080 for £800, leaving £2k for the rest of the rig and monitor). 

Been doing a little research and my current thinking is as follows.
https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/7ChDF8

Mainly interested to hear thoughts on the combinations, whether i should be reallocating money and if anyone had s any better recommendations

Any help or advice is is much appreciated - thanks all

If it was my build and I had to shave a bit off money off it, I would probably go a cheaper but high end B550 but take that as you will its only advice.

I'd simply drop the 4k monitor. The 3080 is just about a 4k high fps card right now. That and 4k on a 27 inch screen is well not really noticeable especially in games. So save yourself some money and get a good 1440p 144hz monitor. That and what this allows is that you can keep gaming at that resolution at high settings as a 3080 right now has a good bit of overhead whilst at 4k it is running at or near max already. So it's basically only positives.

As for the system pretty good build but what are the prices for the components that don't have any?

Couple things:

16gb of ram is fine and you also want it at 3600mhz if possible

A cheaper board will not be worse.

The 5800x is usually very expensive and intel has some great offerings too like a 10700k which is a darn good cpu too.

Ssd is good but there are normally better cheaper ones out there. Since I don't know the price I cannot recommend you get another over that one so if you wouldn't mind sharing that would be helpful.

Great case but there are also very good cheaper cases out there if you wish to save some money.

Cooler is overkill a good aircooler is just as good if not better for less but up to you. I generally don't recommend watercooling if air is an option due to longevity.

Psu is great but don't know the price. They often have others that are cheaper and just as good even by corsair too.