i dont know whats wrong with this? should i get it ?

this is my whole list because im guessing its important to see the other parts

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/cowboymax/saved/tWrRK8

it's giving me an error for the motherboard but i dont understand what it means.

Some AMD B450 chipset motherboards may need a BIOS update prior to using Matisse CPUs. Upgrading the BIOS may require a different CPU that is supported by older BIOS revisions. "

I dont know what that update is !!! it happened with the first motherboard i put on the list, and nobody told me what it mean and just pointed me to an A series motherboard, to which someone pointed me to a B series (this one) and now its back : (  please someone help me understand im sorry for this newbie question

Do you own any of the other parts in the list currently? I don't want to critique something already bought.

The BIOS is the motherboard's firmware, and allows it to communicate with all the hardware you attach to it.

While Ryzen 3000 series CPUs are compatible with B450 motherboards, some motherboards come with an old BIOS, and can't communicate with the newer CPUs. If this is the case, you will need to upgrade the BIOS before inserting the new CPU, which can be done from the motherboard manufacturer's website. However, this means that you need an old CPU that works "out of the box" in order to boot up the computer and do the BIOS update.

7 minutes ago, cowboymax said:

this is my whole list because im guessing its important to see the other parts

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/cowboymax/saved/tWrRK8

it's giving me an error for the motherboard but i dont understand what it means.

Some AMD B450 chipset motherboards may need a BIOS update prior to using Matisse CPUs. Upgrading the BIOS may require a different CPU that is supported by older BIOS revisions. "

I dont know what that update is !!! it happened with the first motherboard i put on the list, and nobody told me what it mean and just pointed me to an A series motherboard, to which someone pointed me to a B series (this one) and now its back : (  please someone help me understand im sorry for this newbie question

Your motherboard was released before your CPU was released, which means there's a possibility you may have to update the BIOS on the motherboard for the CPU to work. It's been long enough now that any B450M Pro4 you buy new probably has a BIOS recent enough to support the 3600, but it's not guaranteed. If not, you could need to put a CPU that the motherboard supports "out of the box" (first or second generation Ryzen) in it to complete the BIOS update process before putting in the 3600.

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

9 hours ago, ForwardVoltage said:

Do you own any of the other parts in the list currently? I don't want to critique something already bought.

i don't !  feel free to make any suggestions.

9 hours ago, Middcore said:

Your motherboard was released before your CPU was released, which means there's a possibility you may have to update the BIOS on the motherboard for the CPU to work. It's been long enough now that any B450M Pro4 you buy new probably has a BIOS recent enough to support the 3600, but it's not guaranteed. If not, you could need to put a CPU that the motherboard supports "out of the box" (first or second generation Ryzen) in it to complete the BIOS update process before putting in the 3600.

thank you so much i think i get it now, i went on the newegg listing for it and i think its compatible ?

9 hours ago, guitargirl15 said:

The BIOS is the motherboard's firmware, and allows it to communicate with all the hardware you attach to it.

While Ryzen 3000 series CPUs are compatible with B450 motherboards, some motherboards come with an old BIOS, and can't communicate with the newer CPUs. If this is the case, you will need to upgrade the BIOS before inserting the new CPU, which can be done from the motherboard manufacturer's website. However, this means that you need an old CPU that works "out of the box" in order to boot up the computer and do the BIOS update.

thank you i think i understand

Personally, I would throw out the list:
- While a 3600 is a fine processor, we have the 10400(f) for around $30-50 cheaper
- Hyper 212 RGB is fine I guess for the price, but there's a couple other white LED (so not RGB) air coolers that beat it for a couple bucks less...Something like a SE234ARGB will cost more.
- You might have noticed we needed to spend more cash on a motherboard to go to Intel, and you would be right. This is better though because we can slot a 10400(f) in a B560 motherboard. 10400(f) + B460 with 2666 mt/s (gimped) RAM vs R5 3600 + B450 + 3200 mt/s RAM. With B560 (Asrock boards currently on Newegg for the same prices as B460), it allows for full XMP and even RAM overclocking. This shoves the 10400(f) absolutely above the R5 3600 for either the same price or less
- Corsair Vengeance does look pretty, but if you haven't noticed, there is Crucial Ballistix RGB for a couple bucks cheaper. Ballistix also uses a memory IC called Micron Rev.E (Crucial is owned by Micron) which is known for high frequency OCs (no known current limit on the sticks themselves. Motherboard/CPU will limit you). If you're all for the Corsair heatspreader look, I guess it's fine, but you can get 3600CL16 (higher binned) Crucial for a couple bucks less
- SSD wise, since we can save money, I'd like to shove a 1TB SSD in here (or maybe 500GB SSD + 2TB HDD, depends on you and how much storage you have now and what you want to upgrade later to). At 1TB right now, we have the MP33 for $92, or if you're looking for something with better performance then SN550 or we grab a drive like the CS3030 with DRAM. In either case, Adata Swordfish is pretty poopy as a NVMe drive.
- GPU market I won't comment on, but 10400f + 1660 super is a fine lower end 1080p combination..Make sure to look towards used markets (or maybe 6700XT/3060)
- Case is fine if you really like the look. If you're not deadset, then something like the NR400 for mATX, NR600, MB311L, P360A, P400A Digital, Lancool 215, or some other mesh-front ATX case is good. 
- For upgradability reasons, I would snatch the CX550 (more than 1 VGA cable), and it's not that much more expensive.

9 hours ago, ForwardVoltage said:

Personally, I would throw out the list:
- While a 3600 is a fine processor, we have the 10400(f) for around $30-50 cheaper
- Hyper 212 RGB is fine I guess for the price, but there's a couple other white LED (so not RGB) air coolers that beat it for a couple bucks less...Something like a SE234ARGB will cost more.
- You might have noticed we needed to spend more cash on a motherboard to go to Intel, and you would be right. This is better though because we can slot a 10400(f) in a B560 motherboard. 10400(f) + B460 with 2666 mt/s (gimped) RAM vs R5 3600 + B450 + 3200 mt/s RAM. With B560 (Asrock boards currently on Newegg for the same prices as B460), it allows for full XMP and even RAM overclocking. This shoves the 10400(f) absolutely above the R5 3600 for either the same price or less
- Corsair Vengeance does look pretty, but if you haven't noticed, there is Crucial Ballistix RGB for a couple bucks cheaper. Ballistix also uses a memory IC called Micron Rev.E (Crucial is owned by Micron) which is known for high frequency OCs (no known current limit on the sticks themselves. Motherboard/CPU will limit you). If you're all for the Corsair heatspreader look, I guess it's fine, but you can get 3600CL16 (higher binned) Crucial for a couple bucks less
- SSD wise, since we can save money, I'd like to shove a 1TB SSD in here (or maybe 500GB SSD + 2TB HDD, depends on you and how much storage you have now and what you want to upgrade later to). At 1TB right now, we have the MP33 for $92, or if you're looking for something with better performance then SN550 or we grab a drive like the CS3030 with DRAM. In either case, Adata Swordfish is pretty poopy as a NVMe drive.
- GPU market I won't comment on, but 10400f + 1660 super is a fine lower end 1080p combination..Make sure to look towards used markets (or maybe 6700XT/3060)
- Case is fine if you really like the look. If you're not deadset, then something like the NR400 for mATX, NR600, MB311L, P360A, P400A Digital, Lancool 215, or some other mesh-front ATX case is good. 
- For upgradability reasons, I would snatch the CX550 (more than 1 VGA cable), and it's not that much more expensive.

to be clear are these the parts you're reccomending ? https://pcpartpicker.com/user/cowboymax/saved/wKcgBm

i've felt iffy about the list i made for a while but nobody's gave me advice as solid as you did so i had trouble figuring out what was wrong.  i really like the list you put together for me so i think i'll use it. (i dont really like white led's they tend to bring me discomfort )

6 hours ago, cowboymax said:

to be clear are these the parts you're reccomending ? https://pcpartpicker.com/user/cowboymax/saved/wKcgBm

i've felt iffy about the list i made for a while but nobody's gave me advice as solid as you did so i had trouble figuring out what was wrong.  i really like the list you put together for me so i think i'll use it. (i dont really like white led's they tend to bring me discomfort )

While CX550M looks like a CX with modularity, they on entirely different internal platforms with the CXM being lesser quality and "performance" if you want to term it that. So either CX550, CX550F (technically better, but just think of it like modularity + RGB), or 650w AEGP.

GPU wise, I should just clarify that the GPU is probably going to be the hardest thing to get. I would suggest checking out Techpowerup's performance graphs like this one to gauge what group of cards you should be looking for (since all of them are virtually above MSRP).

13 hours ago, ForwardVoltage said:

While CX550M looks like a CX with modularity, they on entirely different internal platforms with the CXM being lesser quality and "performance" if you want to term it that. So either CX550, CX550F (technically better, but just think of it like modularity + RGB), or 650w AEGP.

GPU wise, I should just clarify that the GPU is probably going to be the hardest thing to get. I would suggest checking out Techpowerup's performance graphs like this one to gauge what group of cards you should be looking for (since all of them are virtually above MSRP).

thank you for the clarification !! and the graph seems super helpful i appreciate your help a lot thank you