How to benefit a 4k/120Hz TV with my PC ? (gtx 1070)

Hey everyone! 

I've found myself in quite of a pickle about some TV stuff. Quick backstory:
I'm considering getting a bigger tv (LG NanoCell 55NANO863NA, since this fits my budget), for the juicy 4k/120hz and I might get a PS5 later, but

my main platform is pc (currently rocking a ZOTAC FE GTX 1070), and I've read some stuff about HDMI 2.1 and freesync. I know that the 1070 isn't 
4k preferable, but for lighter games and newers ones with compromises should fare well (60fps).

Could you guys (or gals) set me straight how to manage this? 

Thanks in advance! 

1 minute ago, TolnaYi said:

Hey everyone! 

I'm considering getting a bigger tv (LG NanoCell 55NANO863NA, since this fits my budget), for the juicy 4k/120hz and I might get a PS5 later, but

my main platform is pc (currently rocking a ZOTAC FE GTX 1070), and I've read some stuff about HDMI 2.1 and freesync. I know that the 1070 isn't 
4k preferable, but for lighter games and newers ones with compromises should fare well (60fps).

Thanks in advance! 

the stuff about freesync should not matter. G-sync, adaptive-sync and freesync are the same thing. Its just AMD and Nvidia's way of making even more money. You just have to enable G-sync manually in Gforce settings.

“Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak.” - Sun Tzu, The Art of War #muricaparrotgang

Tier Lists and Specs List Below

Motherboard VRM tier list  -----  PSU tier list

React if you agree with me!

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600  |  CPU Cooler: Asus ROG STRIX LC240 White |  RAM: Crucial Ballistix RGB 16GB 3600 | Mobo: ASUS ROG STRIX B550-A  |  SSD: Inland m.2 NVMe SSD 256GB  |  HDD: Seagate 2TB 7200RPM |  GPU: RTX 3060 Ti FE  |  PSU: Seasonic SGX 650 |  Case: Lian Li o11 mini-W  |  Mouse: Razer Basilisk mercury |  Keyboard: Drop CTRL (Used. I did not spend $200 on a keyboard) |  Mouse Pad: Aura Mech Purple Storm  |  MonitorAsus TUF 24" IPS 144Hz 1080p

Well your 1070 won't be able to do the 4k/120hz because it doesn't have hdmi 2.1 and I am not aware of any dp to 2.1 adapters that work. It's totally fine for a lot of games at 4k 60 but at low settings. However I would recommend just running them at a lower resolution as because you are sitting far away from the tv (normally) 4k matters a lot less and often 1440p + a little bit of fxaa or other simply aa solutions will result in a prettier and possibly better running game as you can turn the settings up.

38 minutes ago, TolnaYi said:

Hey everyone! 

Thanks in advance! 

You need a 30 series card from Nvidia or a 6000 series card from AMD , with HDMI 2.1 to be able to run 4k 120hz.

Also HDMI VRR is also only officially supported on HDMI 2.1

You can ofc run lower resolutions using standard HDMI 2.0, but again without VRR.

You can do 1440p 120hz 8bit or 1440p 100hz 10bit, if the TV will support it (try custom resolutions if it doesnt appear as standard)

Also 4k 60hz 10bit HDR on HDMI 2.0 will drop u down to 4:2:2 chroma sub sampling.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |