recreating my "unifi" controller with new hardware

RasmusDC

i have a full house of UNIFI equipment, and yes i know that there are better and cheaper options but i like it.

now i have always run a ER4 router (edgerouter) and the controller on my server, which i hated, the ER4 is nice and fast however, but got a cheap dream machine pro..

so i need to move my controller onto the dream machine, is the best solution just to "remove all licenses" on all unfi and adopting them and rebuilding my WIFI configs on the new dreambox, or can i just move the "config" and ownerships from my PC to the Unifi? 

have  4 access points scattedere (in and outside) an XG16 10gbit a 150watt 16 port and 2 8 port  so would be nice to keep the setup as easy as possible.

3 hours ago, RasmusDC said:

so i need to move my controller onto the dream machine, is the best solution just to "remove all licenses" on all unfi and adopting them and rebuilding my WIFI configs on the new dreambox, or can i just move the "config" and ownerships from my PC to the Unifi? 

The nice thing about Ubiquiti is that licenses aren't required for you to use their gear... Unless I'm misinterpreting what you mean by "remove all licenses".

If you can, please update the UniFi Controller from both the old and new setup before running the Site Export Wizard.

When you start the new controller on the UDM-Pro, adopt your devices again and everything should be up and running.