RTX TITAN SLI vs 3080 or 3090

yaxhero1

I got curious after waiting for the nvidia stock gods to bless me with a 3000 series card so I looked up what 2 RTX Titans can mean when compared to like a single 3080 or 3090. I’m too poor to go find out myself and hours of google hasn’t showed up much for me soooooo, anyone out there who actually runs 2 or something Titans or actually has a 3080, 3090, 3070 etc want to share some typical use cases and the performance they get? Just curious 🙂

wait what

rtx titan cost 2500$ 

if it was useful give it a like :) btw if your into linux pay a visit here

SLI's dead. Even in the few games where it's supported, you'd likely find that inconsistent frame times would result in a worse experience than a single 3080 or 3090, even if the Titans got more FPS.

Sli is a shitshow. No way of telling how well the performance will scale and honestly nvidia had pretty much given up support of it and same with most game developers. I would say more often than not the 3080 or 3090 is going to be the overall better experience regardless of the performance numbers. 

46 minutes ago, yaxhero1 said:

anyone out there who actually runs 2 or something Titans or actually has a 3080, 3090, 3070 etc want to share some typical use cases and the performance they get?

I own a couple of them, mining is my main task for them, but I do play around with them before I send them to the gulag

I have no specific comments about the 3060ti and 3070, but the 3090 has VRAM overheating issues so you should look into that. I don't own a 3080 but I suspect it has VRAM overheating issue too, just to a lesser degree because there's nothing in the backside of the PCB

Other than that, make sure your casing fits the GPU because most of them are 3-slots and are 305mm long or longer

There are smaller cards but these new GPU are real chonkers

Performance wise, they are what they are I suppose

Still game on a gtx970 so -shrug-

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

Yeah it’s been mostly “go get the 3000 series cards” but I’m like “yeah where?” Lmao. But I understand people. My main use would be like, RTX Minecraft or something so I’m just tryna consider my options. But thanks for all the comments and information it’s been helpful so far!

15 hours ago, Moonzy said:

I own a couple of them, mining is my main task for them, but I do play around with them before I send them to the gulag

I have no specific comments about the 3060ti and 3070, but the 3090 has VRAM overheating issues so you should look into that. I don't own a 3080 but I suspect it has VRAM overheating issue too, just to a lesser degree because there's nothing in the backside of the PCB

Other than that, make sure your casing fits the GPU because most of them are 3-slots and are 305mm long or longer

There are smaller cards but these new GPU are real chonkers

Performance wise, they are what they are I suppose

Still game on a gtx970 so -shrug-

Is there any chance you have a Titan V? I've been looking at that as a unique card for my gaming rig

Mini-ITX Desktop: i9-9900K@5GHz, 32GB TridentZ RGB 3200MHz, Asus Strix Z390-i, EVGA 3090 Hybrid FTW3, Samsung 970 EVO+ NVMe 1TB, Lian Li O11 Air Mini White

Plex/Minecraft Server: Dell PowerEdge T320, Xeon E5-2470 v2, 48GB RAM, 19.25TB storage, RTX A2000 6GB

Tablet: iPad Pro 11” M1

6 hours ago, Xaiux said:

Is there any chance you have a Titan V? I've been looking at that as a unique card for my gaming rig

Nah, that's too expensive even for me lol

8 hours ago, Moonzy said:

Nah, that's too expensive even for me lol

What makes it more expensive than an RTX Titan? I've kind of wanted one for my rig because I think it's one of the prettiest cards ever made

Mini-ITX Desktop: i9-9900K@5GHz, 32GB TridentZ RGB 3200MHz, Asus Strix Z390-i, EVGA 3090 Hybrid FTW3, Samsung 970 EVO+ NVMe 1TB, Lian Li O11 Air Mini White

Plex/Minecraft Server: Dell PowerEdge T320, Xeon E5-2470 v2, 48GB RAM, 19.25TB storage, RTX A2000 6GB

Tablet: iPad Pro 11” M1

1 hour ago, Xaiux said:

What makes it more expensive than an RTX Titan?

I don't own either lol