Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I currently have a i5 6500 with a rx 580 8gb ram at 1080p 60hz

I been looking at i7 10700f ($340 cad), i5 10600kf ($255 cad) and i5 10400f ($175 cad)

the cheapest motherboard is about $100 cad and a overclockable one is about $200cad

im not sure what other cpu i can buy or if there are better cpus please let me know thanks!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

R5 3600 can be found at MSRP (200usd, I don't know it's case msrp) at Newegg, and it'soverclocking and  xmp capable b series boards can be about 100 (usd) for the good ish ones. 

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you looking for gaming performance because if so the GPU needs the upgrade firs?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a 2600x which is fine for me, 3600 is usually around 300USD, and then a B450 PRO4 from ASRock is a solid choice with it's 10+2 phase power.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

R5 3600 can be found at MSRP (200usd, I don't know it's case msrp) at Newegg, and it'soverclocking and  xmp capable b series boards can be about 100 (usd) for the good ish ones. 

thanks i will take a look at it

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JohnDeereBro said:

Are you looking for gaming performance because if so the GPU needs the upgrade firs?

I don't really need gaming performance but when I use my computer normally my cpu usage is always near 100% i reinstalled windows but no luck

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BiotechBen said:

I have a 2600x which is fine for me, 3600 is usually around 300USD, and then a B450 PRO4 from ASRock is a solid choice with it's 10+2 phase power.

ic sounds good i will take a look but would that be better than the i5 10600kf or i7 10700f?

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, MrColour said:

ic sounds good i will take a look but would that be better than the i5 10600kf or i7 10700f?

Really depends on workload...

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BiotechBen said:

Really depends on workload...

i plan on playing games like gta v csgo witcher maybe red dead redemption i also play hearts of iron 4. Just wondering but if i dont plan on overclocking do u think its worth getting a k cpu? I think overclockable motherboards are really expensive rn.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, MrColour said:

if i dont plan on overclocking do u think its worth getting a k cpu?

Not worth it. K series CPUs are meant to be overclocked, and if you don't plan on doing so, then it's a waste of money.

Best you use the extra money for something else, like for your GPU or your motherboard.

→  Kindly quote or mention me if you would like a reply back.

<famous quote>

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jayzer said:

Not worth it. K series CPUs are meant to be overclocked, and if you don't plan on doing so, then it's a waste of money.

Best you use the extra money for something else, like for your GPU or your motherboard.

but if its cheaper than the non k version wouldn't it be better to get that one? 10600kf is $254, 10600k $289 and 10600k is also $289

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sure, I guess.

Also go for the KF ones, because those don't include integrated graphics, and you save money doing so (which then is used for other parts).

→  Kindly quote or mention me if you would like a reply back.

<famous quote>

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×