hi im new !!! need opinions on budget build part list pls

cowboymax

Budget (including currency): $1,000 USD (willing to go a little over if i can get more of a bang for my buck)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: minecraft, roblox, sims, stardew valley, small games like that.  general desktop purposes as well, might stream at some point for friends but not a priority at all. edit: also schoolwork !

Other details I don't have a computer !!!! i just have a macbook and want to treat myself to a nicely working pc.  im just looking for a little budget first build that will work well with the games mentioned above, and that i'd be able to easily upgrade in the future. 🙂 i'm planning on just having one monitor but if i ever have any extra spending money i might get another.

what i want to know is would these parts work well together ?  do they compliment each other well enough to work smoothly?  if thats how it works? haha just general advice would be lovely as well

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ZQvJZZ

(also ... can someone explain the thing ssd i have under the storage tab ? it's from the base build list, and i just haven't changed it.  i was going to for the sole reason of not understanding what is is but i'd figure i'd just ask first. it doesn't look like those storage things you screw into the motherboard)

sorry if i sounded silly 💔

5 minutes ago, cowboymax said:

Budget (including currency): $1,000 USD (willing to go a little over if i can get more of a bang for my buck)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: minecraft, roblox, sims, stardew valley, small games like that.  general desktop purposes as well, might stream at some point for friends but not a priority at all.

Other details I don't have a computer !!!! i just have a macbook and want to treat myself to a nicely working pc.  im just looking for a little budget first build that will work well with the games mentioned above, and that i'd be able to easily upgrade in the future. 🙂 i'm planning on just having one monitor but if i ever have any extra spending money i might get another.

what i want to know is would these parts work well together ?  do they compliment each other well enough to work smoothly?  if thats how it works? haha just general advice would be lovely as well

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ZQvJZZ

(also ... can someone explain the thing ssd i have under the storage tab ? it's from the base build list, and i just haven't changed it.  i was going to for the sole reason of not understanding what is is but i'd figure i'd just ask first. it doesn't look like those storage things you screw into the motherboard)

sorry if i sounded silly 💔

If you are willing to buy a used 1080 or (1080ti) then this list should be fine. You can spend the extra $50 on more storage or a better cooler 

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

Oh god that motherboard!

Please get a b series!

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

Oh god that motherboard!

Please get a b series!

i'll try to look into that !! but could you let me know the difference between them ?  someone in a different forum recommended this one and im trying to learn what im doing while im putting this list together haha

13 minutes ago, Downkey said:

If you are willing to buy a used 1080 or (1080ti) then this list should be fine. You can spend the extra $50 on more storage or a better cooler 

oooh thank you so much i'll save that 🙂

5 minutes ago, cowboymax said:

i'll try to look into that !! but could you let me know the difference between them ?  someone in a different forum recommended this one and im trying to learn what im doing while im putting this list together haha

A series: budget, few features,

B series: budget - high end options, much more features

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

5 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

A series: budget, few features,

B series: budget - high end options, much more features

ooooh thanks