Help to: cool down & quiet down my PC

mch

Hi Guys,

So I need some help, wife is angry cause my PC is making to much noise. And as you know you don't want to angry the wife about your gaming PC.

I need some advice to quiet down my PC, I never care about cooling before, try to look by myself but way to much choice. I want to stay with Air cooling as much as possible unless Watercooling performance is much better.

Budget (including currency): around 300€ max

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Gaming (All sort of game)

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

CPU: Amd Ryzen 5 3600, with Wraith Stealth cooler (that's default cpu cooler)

GPU: Geforce RTX 2060 - VENTUS XS OC - 6 Go - MP-2630BM71271204

Case: Cooler Master Elite 430 No case fan (yes I know this is bad :/)

MB: MSI-X570-A PRO

I need some case fan to start for sure, certainly a new cpu cooler.

I'm uncertain about gpu cooler and new case.

Just check my cpu and gpu temp both are around 91°C (194F) and gpu 80°C (175F).Motherboard chipset around 60C (140F).

Thanks in advance for your advice.

2 minutes ago, mch said:

91°C (194F) and gpu 80°C (175F).Motherboard chipset around 60C (140F).

That's crazy hot, no wonder your system is loud

Get some case fans in there ASAP!

Some noctua fans seem to be the popular and quiet choices

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

31 minutes ago, mch said:

Hi Guys,

So I need some help, wife is angry cause my PC is making to much noise. And as you know you don't want to angry the wife about your gaming PC.

I need some advice to quiet down my PC, I never care about cooling before, try to look by myself but way to much choice. I want to stay with Air cooling as much as possible unless Watercooling performance is much better.

Budget (including currency): around 300€ max

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Gaming (All sort of game)

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

CPU: Amd Ryzen 5 3600, with Wraith Stealth cooler (that's default cpu cooler)

GPU: Geforce RTX 2060 - VENTUS XS OC - 6 Go - MP-2630BM71271204

Case: Cooler Master Elite 430 No case fan (yes I know this is bad :/)

MB: MSI-X570-A PRO

I need some case fan to start for sure, certainly a new cpu cooler.

I'm uncertain about gpu cooler and new case.

Just check my cpu and gpu temp both are around 91°C (194F) and gpu 80°C (175F).Motherboard chipset around 60C (140F).

Thanks in advance for your advice.

CPU cooler https://www.amazon.fr/Noctua-NH-L9a-AM4-chromax-Black-Ventirad-Compact/dp/B083LQVX5W/ref=sr_1_7?__mk_fr_FR=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&dchild=1&keywords=noctua+am4&qid=1614564176&sr=8-7

Case Fan https://www.amazon.fr/ARCTIC-P12-Pack-Refroidisseur-Ventilateur/dp/B07HC7P3HJ/ref=sr_1_2?__mk_fr_FR=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&dchild=1&keywords=artic+120mm+5&qid=1614564139&sr=8-2 

as @tkitch recommended are the best bets for keeping not only quiet but running far cooler

EDIT: Found cheap really quality and in stock 120mm silent fans https://www.amazon.fr/Antec-Fonction-Ventilateur-boîtier-120mm/dp/B07PFBPHL6/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?__mk_fr_FR=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&dchild=1&keywords=5+pack+120mm&qid=1614564620&sr=8-2-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEyUTFWTFZCVTBWQUpSJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwODExNTk2MzdOVzBGMkdJWVZRUyZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwNDY4ODAyMkFPSVdZQ1ZaWkpUSCZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Edited by Chris Greene
Fan that was in stock that still meets requirements.

A quiet cpu cooler and a case with excellent airflow and good fans. You'll need rubbing (isopropyl) alcohol and lint free cloth to clean the old thermal compund off the cpu before mounting the new cooler.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU Cooler: be quiet! Pure Rock 2 CPU Cooler  (€43.49 @ Amazon France) 
Case: Fractal Design Meshify C ATX Mid Tower Case  (€109.99 @ Amazon France) 
Total: €153.48
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-03-01 03:56 CET+0100

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.