Quick question on thermaltake versa h18 case with my hyper 212 black edition

oneechankimochi

So I wasn't paying attention to the cpu cooler size requirements of the h18 case and bought it. The case size requirement for cpu coolers is 155mm and the size of my hyper 212 BE is 158.8mm. Now I have seen some reviews with pictures of it fitting inside the case with the glass window closed. Does anyone else have this setup, I was wondering how tight of a fit it is in the case?

Also, I can slightly modify the case using motherboard standoffs on the side panel. This actually adds another 1/2 inch more room. So my question is, does the 1/2 inch open gap between the case and the side window panel have a negative effect on airflow?

1 hour ago, oneechankimochi said:

So I wasn't paying attention to the cpu cooler size requirements of the h18 case and bought it. The case size requirement for cpu coolers is 155mm and the size of my hyper 212 BE is 158.8mm. Now I have seen some reviews with pictures of it fitting inside the case with the glass window closed. Does anyone else have this setup, I was wondering how tight of a fit it is in the case?

Also, I can slightly modify the case using motherboard standoffs on the side panel. This actually adds another 1/2 inch more room. So my question is, does the 1/2 inch open gap between the case and the side window panel have a negative effect on airflow?

how can one modify it? i dont get it.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

21 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

how can one modify it? i dont get it.

I screw in motherboard standoffs into the case's side panel screw holes then put the glass panel on and then use the regular side panel case screws to lock the panel in place. It leaves a 1/2 inch open gap between the tempered glass window and the case. I guess it doesn't count as a modification, just trying to make more space. I'm unsure if the open gap would be bad for airflow.

9 minutes ago, oneechankimochi said:

I screw in motherboard standoffs into the case's side panel screw holes then put the glass panel on and then use the regular side panel case screws to lock the panel in place. It leaves a 1/2 inch open gap between the tempered glass window and the case. I guess it doesn't count as a modification, just trying to make more space. I'm unsure if the open gap would be bad for airflow.

i still dont under stand it. are you swapping the tempered glass side plane with the back panel?

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

i still dont under stand it. are you swapping the tempered glass side plane with the back panel?

No. I'm extending the tempered glass side panel outwards by 1/2 inch by using motherboard standoffs.

Just now, oneechankimochi said:

No. I'm extending the tempered glass side panel outwards by 1/2 inch by using motherboard standoffs.

oh ok i understand now haha

Just now, thrasher_565 said:

oh ok i understand now haha

Sorry I didn't know how to explain it 😞

Just now, oneechankimochi said:

Sorry I didn't know how to explain it 😞

ok man i do it all the time.

well temps would be better but dust will get in.

imo i would see if it fits if not sell it or send it back. if not do your mod.

1 minute ago, thrasher_565 said:

ok man i do it all the time.

well temps would be better but dust will get in.

imo i would see if it fits if not sell it or send it back. if not do your mod.

Alright thanks. If I have to mod it maybe ill put some mesh or dust filler around the gap.

1 minute ago, oneechankimochi said:

Alright thanks. If I have to mod it maybe ill put some mesh or dust filler around the gap.

ya i dont no its possible it might fit.

ya maybe some fome might fit like door sealing fome.

So I wasn't paying attention to the cpu cooler size requirements of the h18 case and bought it. The case size requirement for cpu coolers is 155mm and the size of my hyper 212 BE is 158.8mm. Now I have seen some reviews with pictures of it fitting inside the case with the glass window closed.

If the CPU cooler is touching the glass but the panel still fully closes, it's okay. 

Have you assembled the PC yet? I've only found this example where it fits and is very close to the glass.

https://pcpartpicker.com/b/76nH99

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/1/2021 at 9:54 AM, TVwazhere said:

If the CPU cooler is touching the glass but the panel still fully closes, it's okay. 

Have you assembled the PC yet? I've only found this example where it fits and is very close to the glass.

https://pcpartpicker.com/b/76nH99

Yeah thanks for reply. So I put it together and it fits nicely like in that picture. It also doesn't touch the glass. 👍

• 9 months later...
On 3/11/2021 at 9:40 PM, oneechankimochi said:

Yeah thanks for reply. So I put it together and it fits nicely like in that picture. It also doesn't touch the glass. 👍

Hello, i currently have an hyper 212 rgb be and iam thinking of byuing this case, the cooler is ~ 159 mm, while the case supports 155, and u said it fits nicely, are you sure it doesnt touch the glass and that it didnt cause any issues?