Having No Signal when using DisplayPorts

rabbitrider1

I recently built a new computer with a 2070 super that I was using in my old rig. I can use HDMI just fine, but when I try to use DisplayPort I get a "No Signal" on my monitors. It's weird because it seems my monitors are picking up something because when I plug the DP cables in my monitors will turn on. I have tried several things to fix this. I've used DDU and cleared out any drivers and then reinstalled brand new drivers, I've reseated the GPU, and have used both PCIE slots. Now, when I go in to display settings it looks like Windows can 'see' my other monitor, but when I try to expand the display I get a message saying the display settings could not be changed. When I go into Device Manager, under 'Other Devices' there are two PCI Device with a yellow caution sign and a PCI Encryption/Decryption Controller also with a yellow caution sign, they are telling me that the drivers are not installed for this device. These are the hardware id's for the PCI Device: PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_1485&SUBSYS_88081043&REV_00 & PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_148A&SUBSYS_88081043&REV_00. This is the hardware id for the PCI Encryption/Decryption Controller: PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_1486&SUBSYS_88081043&REV_00,

13 minutes ago, rabbitrider1 said:

I recently built a new computer with a 2070 super that I was using in my old rig. I can use HDMI just fine, but when I try to use DisplayPort I get a "No Signal" on my monitors. It's weird because it seems my monitors are picking up something because when I plug the DP cables in my monitors will turn on. I have tried several things to fix this. I've used DDU and cleared out any drivers and then reinstalled brand new drivers, I've reseated the GPU, and have used both PCIE slots. Now, when I go in to display settings it looks like Windows can 'see' my other monitor, but when I try to expand the display I get a message saying the display settings could not be changed. When I go into Device Manager, under 'Other Devices' there are two PCI Device with a yellow caution sign and a PCI Encryption/Decryption Controller also with a yellow caution sign, they are telling me that the drivers are not installed for this device. These are the hardware id's for the PCI Device: PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_1485&SUBSYS_88081043&REV_00 & PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_148A&SUBSYS_88081043&REV_00. This is the hardware id for the PCI Encryption/Decryption Controller: PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_1486&SUBSYS_88081043&REV_00,

1. The DP port on the gpu or monitor is broken.

2. The DP cable is broken.

3. The monitor is faulty.

One of these three.

3 minutes ago, DudeWhatTheN said:

1. The DP port on the gpu or monitor is broken.

2. The DP cable is broken.

3. The monitor is faulty.

One of these three.

So I've put my 2070 super in my old computer and plugged my two monitors in with the same DP cables and it works fine. I'm thinking this may be an issue with Windows and not my GPU.

1 minute ago, rabbitrider1 said:

So I've put my 2070 super in my old computer and plugged my two monitors in with the same DP cables and it works fine. I'm thinking this may be an issue with Windows and not my GPU.

Could be. I'd say to make a clean installation then.

7 minutes ago, DudeWhatTheN said:

Could be. I'd say to make a clean installation then.

I should've put that I've also tried doing a clean install of Windows and I still have the problem unfortunately.

42 minutes ago, rabbitrider1 said:

That id is for the AMD PCIE bridge. Install the AMD chipset driver.

PCI1022Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD]1485Starship/Matisse Reserved SPP

1 hour ago, Kisai said:

That id is for the AMD PCIE bridge. Install the AMD chipset driver.

PCI1022Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD]1485Starship/Matisse Reserved SPP

So I installed the chipset driver and now when I go in to device manager the 'Other Devices' is gone, but I still am not able to get any signal through my DisplayPort Cables.

25 minutes ago, rabbitrider1 said:

So I installed the chipset driver and now when I go in to device manager the 'Other Devices' is gone, but I still am not able to get any signal through my DisplayPort Cables.

Ok, so then this device wasn't relevant to the issue. If DP isn't working one of three problems:

1) HDCP

2) DP1.2

3) HDR

HDCP problems are caused by having software that disables HDCP (eg monitor clone mode can do it), DP1.2 requires that the cable, gpu and monitor support DP1.2, and this is necessary for 4K displays, or anything higher than 1080p with a 60hz+ rate.

HDR is unlikely, but it's one of the possibilities that the monitor won't turn on because the OS believes it supports HDR.

IMO when a monitor won't turn on, it's because the OS hasn't turned it on, and I've only seen this happen in single-monitor configurations when the iGPU was turned on.