Main BIOS corrupted every time a pc is cold booted.

dens22

Hello. Every time I do a cold boot of my pc, I get the popup screen (shown in the attached image) that the main bios is corrupted. Is there a way to fix this? Thank you. Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3V (rev. 1.1)

image0.jpg

That board might have 2 bios schps, but I think this might be referring to the CMOS being empty.

Replace the battery on the board (probably a cr2031)

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

That board might have 2 bios schps, but I think this might be referring to the CMOS being empty.

It might be a dumb question, but I tried to swap two HDDs. One had windows 7 on it, and the other had windows 10. when I swapped them, then the drive with win 7 would just blue-screen and reset. when I swapped the drive that was originally in (the one with win 10) back, i started getting this issue. Could the HDD swapping be related to this?

44 minutes ago, dens22 said:

Hello. Every time I do a cold boot of my pc, I get the popup screen (shown in the attached image) that the main bios is corrupted. Is there a way to fix this? Thank you. Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3V (rev. 1.1)

image0.jpg

This is going to destroy the firmware. The only time I've seen this happen was on a Gigabyte P45 board, and it was caused by the memory timings (which worked on the P35) somehow trashing it.

This was also the reason why wouldn't buy Gigabyte again, For some reason it will do this and self-destruct.

1 minute ago, Kisai said:

This is going to destroy the firmware. The only time I've seen this happen was on a Gigabyte P45 board, and it was caused by the memory timings (which worked on the P35) somehow trashing it.

This was also the reason why wouldn't buy Gigabyte again, For some reason it will do this and self-destruct.

wait, wait, wait. Is it self-destructing now??? What do I do then??

2 minutes ago, dens22 said:

wait, wait, wait. Is it self-destructing now??? What do I do then??

If you can get into the BIOS, reset the RAM to default settings. You might also consider rotating the RAM modules out and then run memtest86 on it to see if the RAM is malfunctioning.

10 hours ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

I only cleared the CMOS batt, and now it is stuck in a bootloop. Did i screwed up the BIOS, or i can place a new batt and i will be good to go?

3 hours ago, dens22 said:

I only cleared the CMOS batt, and now it is stuck in a bootloop. Did i screwed up the BIOS, or i can place a new batt and i will be good to go?

try replacing it. 

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler