The description for Event ID 14 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found.

Juan Jose Bora

Hi guys! I got this issue with with my brand new RTX 3070 (MSI Ventus 2x OC).

The description for Event ID 14 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event: 

\Device\Video3
0000(0000) 00000000 00000000

The message resource is present but the message was not found in the message table

All stock, no overclocking, no custom cooler.

I was just browsing the internet (Edge) and the mouse died, then the screen turned black, then everything came back to normal.

Nvidia driver is 460.79 (not using the latest one because of this other issue: [Windows 10] Apps' windows flicker when window is resized - Troubleshooting - Linus Tech Tips)

--

My rig:

Ryzen 7 5800x (stock)

ASUS TUF Gaming x570 Pro Wifi

MSI Ventus 2x OC GTX 3070 (stock)

SAMSUNG 980 Evo Pro 1TB

Seasonic FOCUS P-750

2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600Mhz.

LG 27UL550-W (DisplayPort, 4K@60Hz)

Windows 10 Pro

3 minutes ago, Juan Jose Bora said:

Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

Sounds like the driver is corrupted. Run DDU and reinstall again and see if it goes away. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

10 minutes ago, SpiderMan said:

Sounds like the driver is corrupted. Run DDU and reinstall again and see if it goes away. 

Thanks for your help!

Now I installed driver 461.72 (clean install), which brought back the other issue, which I fixed with "Solution 2" marked in the link I posted.

I'll see if this happens again with this new driver, if it does, I'll try DDU.

13 minutes ago, Juan Jose Bora said:

Thanks for your help!

Now I installed driver 461.72 (clean install), which brought back the other issue, which I fixed with "Solution 2" marked in the link I posted.

I'll see if this happens again with this new driver, if it does, I'll try DDU.

No problem!

If the issue still persists, I'd revert back to the latest driver before 461.09 and try again after DDUing the graphics drivers. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...