PC Shut Down mid-game and fails to power on

Bloodline01
Go to solution Solved by MNiyazi,
8 hours ago, Bloodline01 said:

I just finished the paperclip test and the fan of the PSU did turn on. I kept a SATA cable in the PSU that had powered on my LEDs and fans and they all turned on. Unfortunately this led to a new problem (I don't know if its directly a PSU problem or me making a dumb mistake). The cables that plugged directly into the motherboard on their respective header from my CPU cooler fans and fan hub started to have a really bad burning smell. After I turned off the PSU and took the cables out, the side the plugs into the motherboard continues to have a noticeable burning smell. No other cables have the smell. 

If the mobo have burning smell I would RMA it

I've been having strange issues with my PC lately which started when my case fans connected to a fan hub would all shut off when playing a game. I suspected that the hub itself was dying, so I plugged some of the fans directly into my motherboard to have some cooling and still be able to game. The day after, I was In the middle of a game and my case fans shut off but the fans I plugged into the fan headers still worked. About 10-15min later my whole PC shut-off and now will still not boot (thermals were normal before shut-down). I've tried jumping the motherboard and I don't think it's the power supply because when I flip the power switch, I see a momentary LED flash on my motherboard indicating that it's getting power. Could this be a motherboard issue that I'll have to RMA?

Specs:

• Ryzen 7 3800x
  • Mobo: Aorus x570 Elite wifi
  • RAM: 16GB 3600mhz G skill
  • GPU: EVGA 2080 super XC
  • PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 P2

31 minutes ago, MNiyazi said:

Do your pc turn on after unplugging and plugging the psu?

Yep, I tried that already and it didn't work. 

3 hours ago, Bloodline01 said:

Yep, I tried that already and it didn't work. 

Have you paperclip tested the PSU? I'd start there.

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

3 hours ago, Voluspa said:

Have you paperclip tested the PSU? I'd start there.

I just finished the paperclip test and the fan of the PSU did turn on. I kept a SATA cable in the PSU that had powered on my LEDs and fans and they all turned on. Unfortunately this led to a new problem (I don't know if its directly a PSU problem or me making a dumb mistake). The cables that plugged directly into the motherboard on their respective header from my CPU cooler fans and fan hub started to have a really bad burning smell. After I turned off the PSU and took the cables out, the side the plugs into the motherboard continues to have a noticeable burning smell. No other cables have the smell. 

8 hours ago, Bloodline01 said:

If the mobo have burning smell I would RMA it