Need help! Pc keeps rebooting while gaming

Ostereng

Hi, just buildt my first pc a couple of weeks ago, and there is a problem. Out of nowhere my pc will suddenly reboot, this usually happens when i push my cpu. I always have taskmanager open when i play so i can monitor temps, and the cpu never reaches above 70-75c when i play cpu intensive games. I have not yet checked the PSU, but it should have more than enough headroom when it comes to power usage. Is there anyone that can give me some idea of whats wrong and how to fix it?

Pc specs:

Msi MPG B550 gaming carbon Motherboard

AMD Ryzen 5 5600x running at 4700Mhz

Corsair Vengeance rgb 16gb 3600Mhz

NZXT Kraken X63 280mm cooler

Asus strix RTX 3070

MSI MPG 750W 80+gold power supply.

Phanteks P500a rgb Case + extra 140mm exhaust fan

12 minutes ago, Ostereng said:

Hi, just buildt my first pc a couple of weeks ago, and there is a problem. Out of nowhere my pc will suddenly reboot, this usually happens when i push my cpu. I always have taskmanager open when i play so i can monitor temps, and the cpu never reaches above 70-75c when i play cpu intensive games. I have not yet checked the PSU, but it should have more than enough headroom when it comes to power usage. Is there anyone that can give me some idea of whats wrong and how to fix it?

Pc specs:

Asus strix RTX 3070

Try running the system without the overclock.

49 minutes ago, Applefreak said:

Try running the system without the overclock.

I tried that, but the same thing keeps happening. Its not regularly, so i cant pinpoint exactly what triggers the reboot. 

3 minutes ago, Ostereng said:

I tried that, but the same thing keeps happening. Its not regularly, so i cant pinpoint exactly what triggers the reboot. 

Are you sure about those thermals and why are they in the mid 70s? Do you run the pump at PWM speed? How did you setup the fans on the radiator and at what speed, what target temp? If the cpu temp were to spike well past 90C, the system will shutdown or restart. Also try remounting the cooler and use fresh thermal paste. I am assuming that there is a temperature problem here. It could also be a bad driver or some program that starts in the background at certain points. Is your bios up to date?

8 hours ago, Ostereng said:

Pc specs:

Asus strix RTX 3070

It uses PCI-e 4.0 technology. You need to swap it back to PCI-e 3.0 as the 4.0 is just buggy. Changing the PCI-e to 3.0 will fix your problem, I bet on it.

Go to your BIOS, advance mode, settings, miscellaneous, PCI-e slot configuration, change it from AUTO/4.0 by default to 3.0/Gen 3