The new Intel Core i7 11700K is being sold already in Germany and Denmark, list price of the 11900K leaked

AlphaLemming

Summary

The new Intel Core i7 11700K is already being sold starting on the 25th of February by online retailers in Germany and Denmark for 469€ and 431€. The listing on Mindfactory.de shows that so far ~120 of the CPUs were sold and shipped to customers.

As of 28.02. the listings were taken down again, it is not clear if it was on behalf of Intel or if they ran out of stock.

Users of the Computerbase.de forum have already posted the first benchmarks with the new processors.

In addition the list price of the Core i9 11900K of was also leaked, it is listed for 629€ (including taxes).

So far the scalper listings on ebay.de are not attracting a lot of attention (Screenshot of the ebay.de listings attached).

Quotes (Translated from German)

ComputerBase.de Article

One month before the official launch, Intel's Core i7-11700K has already appeared at several retailers. While one shop quickly took its listings offline again, another is still delivering. For Intel, this could develop into a PR disaster, because the platform is not even ready yet.

There is extensive work on the BIOS behind the scenes. Mainboard manufacturers are currently warning the press of samples not to use them for Rocket Lake-S, but only for Comet Lake-S.

As a result, CPUs from retailers encounter the same problems: They will work, but not in the way that everyone involved imagines. Nevertheless, a broad field will report on the results in the coming days and weeks before the actual launch, before the platform will not be officially ready until the end of March. A PR disaster for Intel, because the first impression on the buyer may not go away again, the judgment could be made quickly.

The first CPUs have arrived at the customers since Saturday morning and are working exactly as planned. In the ComputerBase forum, the first hobbyists are also hard at work and not only provide detailed CPU information including power limits and temperatures, but of course also the first benchmarks.

The question of “why?” Has not been answered on Saturday either. Since the 3rd day now begins, on which Mindfactory sells the CPUs and no statement came from Intel, it is probably an error on the part of Intel. Because Mindfactorys Support explained by telephone that they had asked their superiors again and they assured them that they could sell the CPUs. The counter is now at 120 copies sold, and the trend is rising. The first copies have meanwhile been passed on directly to the eBay auction platform at completely excessive prices.

Notebookcheck.com Article

In a preliminary test of the Intel Core i7-10700, a leaked price list was recently seen, according to which an Intel Core i9-11900K should cost a proud 629 euros, even the Core i7-11700K was surprisingly expensive at 469 euros. This price has now also been confirmed by the German online shop Mindfactory, which already has the Core i7-11700K in stock and is offering it around a month before the official start of sales. According to the shop, the processor with eight cores and 16 threads reaches clock frequencies of up to 5.0 GHz.

The shop has not yet confirmed any further specifications, but the price is quite interesting because the processor is significantly more expensive compared to the recommended retail price of the AMD Ryzen 7 5800X and the Core i7-10700K. The differences are even greater on the open market: The Ryzen 7 5800X is available on Amazon for 429 euros, the Core i7-10700K costs just 317 euros in the price comparison. Mindfactory itself offers the mighty Intel Core i9-10900K for 473 euros - only four euros more expensive than the new Rocket Lake chip.

According to benchmark leaks, the Intel Core i7-11700K could even be a bit faster than the AMD Ryzen 7 5800X in some applications, but it remains questionable whether such a large surcharge can be justified compared to its own predecessors. This should show at the latest in detailed tests, which are expected to be published on March 30th.

My thoughts

So far the Core i7 11700K does not look very impressive for its price when comparing to a Ryzen 5800x as the 11700K is only marginally faster in single core performance in a few applications while being 50€ more expensive (5800x is currently being sold for 429€ in Germany). The tests so far confirm the announced ~20% IPC gains compared to the previous generation but there might be further bios updates that will enhance the CPUs performance even further.

Sources

https://www.computerbase.de/2021-02/pr-gau-intel-core-i7-11700k-handel/

https://www.notebookcheck.com/Ein-deutscher-Haendler-verkauft-bereits-den-Intel-Core-i7-11700K-zum-ueberraschend-teuren-Preis.524469.0.html

https://www.mindfactory.de/product_info.php/Intel-Core-i7-11700K-5-0Ghz-So-1200-BOX_1399213.html

Pictures from Users of the ComputerBase.de Forum

3-1080.83d16273.png

screenshot-2021-02-28-084452-png.1048255

5-1080.f8d8721a.png

2-1080.410adfbc.jpg

1-1080.fda9c2f5.jpg

4-1080.52b7b315.png

Screenshot_ebay.de_28.02.2021.png

I kinda wish it mattered more.  With GPUs so hard to get neither ryzen3 or alder lake are particularly relevant.  

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

7 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

I kinda wish it mattered more.  With GPUs so hard to get neither ryzen3 or alder lake are particularly relevant.  

what do you mean? Clout is the only thing that matters in computers all the time forever!

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

Hope Intel go for best perf per dollar, and not continue to sit on their high horse

The initial pricing here might be higher because they're launching this without permission, don't think there's any official MSRP yet?

I'm thinking of buying one, but only if it's decent value and not a unicorn like ryzen 5000

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

It's not a bad option I guess if you absolutely want Intel. Otherwise, 5800X is still a better option imo. Much more modern chip despite being released earlier than this. Intel still seems to hold on to moar clock over just making the things actually faster. And still 14nm. Come on Intel, at least release something at 10nm if you can't go any lower than that. It's weird given they already have 10nm CPU's but are only mobile iirc.

26 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

It's not a bad option I guess if you absolutely want Intel. Otherwise, 5800X is still a better option imo. Much more modern chip despite being released earlier than this. Intel still seems to hold on to moar clock over just making the things actually faster. And still 14nm. Come on Intel, at least release something at 10nm if you can't go any lower than that. It's weird given they already have 10nm CPU's but are only mobile iirc.

It is weird.  Means the shrinkage didn’t do a lot of good.  This implies to me that the benefits ryzen3 found did not come from the die shrink.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

30 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

It is weird.  Means the shrinkage didn’t do a lot of good.  This implies to me that the benefits ryzen3 found did not come from the die shrink.

Zen 3 isn't on a different node, Zen 2 and Zen 3 are on the same TSMC 7nm node.

Ryzen is exclusively product naming btw, if you're talking about microarchitectures it's Zen (Product = longer name, architecture = shorter name). 

1 hour ago, RejZoR said:

Otherwise, 5800X is still a better option imo.

And that should also take in to account that the 5800X isn't exactly a great option in the Ryzen 5000 lineup and for the price there are some compelling Ryzen 3000 options you could opt for instead. Which means that also applies to comparing against these new Intel CPUs.

I am still waiting for AMD to release the 5800 non x to the general public, that would be a lot more interesting choice for the then the 5800x due to the lower energy consumption (energy is really expensive here in Germany, we have the highest prices in the world).

Until then i will probably keep my 1700x, the 3700x would also be an interesting choice but i kind of want a CPU that supports SAM.

8 minutes ago, AlphaLemming said:

I am still waiting for AMD to release the 5800 non x to the general public, that would be a lot more interesting choice for the then the 5800x due to the lower energy consumption (energy is really expensive here in Germany, we have the highest prices in the world).

Until then i will probably keep my 1700x, the 3700x would also be an interesting choice but i kind of want a CPU that supports SAM.

Are you aware that you can change the PPT value to cap the maximum power the CPU will use? The 5800X still isn't a great value product and a cheaper 5800 would be better in that regard but you can actually configure the same power and boost settings, or equivalent of in absence of this product.

It's important to note that the way the CPUs act isn't different across X and non-X products or ones with differently rated TDPs, Ryzen CPUs have true dynamic clocks bound only by power limits and temperature in the same way GPU boost works so a 5800 and a 5800X with the same PPT value will be identical (within margin of error) in both performance and power on the same motherboard.

1 minute ago, leadeater said:

Are you aware that you can change the PPT value to cap the maximum power the CPU will use? The 5800X still isn't a great value product and a cheaper 5800 would be better in that regard but you can actually configure the same power and boost settings, or equivalent of in absence of this product.

It's important to note that the way the CPUs act isn't different across X and non-X products or ones with differently rated TDPs, Ryzen CPUs have true dynamic clocks bound only by power limits and temperature in the same way GPU boost works so a 5800 and a 5800X with the same PPT value will be identical (within margin of error) in both performance and power on the same motherboard.

To be honest i am not, my current motherboard does not have that option. When was this introduced?

6 minutes ago, AlphaLemming said:

To be honest i am not, my current motherboard does not have that option. When was this introduced?

What motherboard do you have? You should have it but it may be buried somewhere and called something different i.e. Brand name specific because they like being special with their own unique names.

Example below (Gigabyte X570):

fj8a5f2.jpg

24 minutes ago, leadeater said:

And that should also take in to account that the 5800X isn't exactly a great option in the Ryzen 5000 lineup and for the price there are some compelling Ryzen 3000 options you could opt for instead. Which means that also applies to comparing against these new Intel CPUs.

People keep saying this nonsense. 5800X is superior to even 3900X except in all core scenario just because 3900X has more of them. Higher clock and higher IPC as well as more consistent higher clock boosting at same power consumption. If you're a gamer, 5800X is the shit and you have to be stupid not to opt for it. 5800X costs just 30€ more than 3900X. Again, if all core loads are not priority, 5800X is a better choice.

It's so strange still reading how everyone should pick Zen 2 even though Zen 3 is superior. Yet when Zen+ was released, everyone was rushing to upgrade even though tthat was the smallest difference of all evolutions. Bizarre...

11 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

5800X is superior to even 3900X except in all core scenario just because 3900X has more of them

Yes in performance not price, and that performance is relational to the multi core and parallel nature of the workload. When GPU bound the difference is actually negligible so if you are looking for value as your highest buying metric then the 3900X is better than the 5800X. And this is based off current list pricing, not fantasy land pricing. Mind you the price of a 5800X is actually math error, you cannot buy one basically.

However the other Ryzen 3000 options are the 3700X, as above, GPU bound, no difference. Really depends on the buyers needs and their assessment of those. I would only buy 5000 series but 3000 is perfectly good.

7 minutes ago, leadeater said:

Hmm I think for you Ryzen Master PBO settings is the only way you can change PPT. Page 32: https://www.amd.com/system/files/documents/ryzen-master-quick-reference-guide.pdf

You can actually try this out with the CPU you have now.

Sadly i can't, RyzenMaster only supports Windows (i use Linux). Lets hope that prices for the new CPUs drop a bit more once Intel 11th gen officially launches.

6 minutes ago, leadeater said:

Yes in performance not price, and that performance is relational to the multi core and parallel nature of the workload. When GPU bound the difference is actually negligible so if you are looking for value as your highest buying metric then the 3900X is better than the 5800X. And this is based off current list pricing, not fantasy land pricing. Mind you the price of a 5800X is actually math error, you cannot buy one basically.

However the other Ryzen 3000 options are the 3700X, as above, GPU bound, no difference. Really depends on the buyers needs and there assessment of those. I would only buy 5000 series but 3000 is perfectly good.

Well, then you're living in a fantasy land. 5800X is in stock in most shops across Europe with prices deviating by few €. Hell, even local shop has them, at 460€, but that's normal coz they aren't huge German retailer but a small local computer shop. But they have it and if you want it, 460€ isn't ridiculous price. It's a great CPU and will serve well for 4-5 years easily knowing how CPU's served me in the past. Hell, I paid well more for it few months ago when prices were stupid inflated and I regret nothing. It's amazing CPU if you're gamer first and everything else second. It's just better and I can't understand how people just dismiss big IPC gains all of a sudden when just few months ago everyone was harping about it. Price or not, it's just better.

7 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

Well, then you're living in a fantasy land. 5800X is in stock in most shops across Europe with prices deviating by few €.

Have you actually tried buying one outside your country and it's supply chain? Try getting one on Amazon, you can't (3rd party trader only with markup). Newegg has them, but not always in stock, and for my country I think there is literally 2 in the entire country you can purchase. Next shipment is end of next month, if it even has a date, some products are on back order with no date at all.

31 minutes ago, leadeater said:

Have you actually tried buying one outside your country and it's supply chain? Try getting one on Amazon, you can't (3rd party trader only with markup). Newegg has them, but not always in stock, and for my country I think there is literally 2 in the entire country you can purchase. Next shipment is end of next month, if it even has a date, some products are on back order with no date at all.

You do realize people in Europe buy things almost anywhere but on Amazon when it comes to such components? Caseking, ComputerUniverse, MindFactory, Cyberport and bunch of others. And they all have them in stock. Except Amazon which is allegedly getting them end of March.

1 hour ago, leadeater said:

Zen 3 isn't on a different node, Zen 2 and Zen 3 are on the same TSMC 7nm node.

Ryzen is exclusively product naming btw, if you're talking about microarchitectures it's Zen (Product = longer name, architecture = shorter name). 

Was. the 3 was an error.  Was late at night. Sorry.  The argument for 3 is that it in a way represents the achievements of ryzen best. The third gen is when things finally get put together generally.  

9 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

You do realize people in Europe buy things almost anywhere but on Amazon when it comes to such components? Caseking, ComputerUniverse, MindFactory, Cyberport and bunch of others. And they all have them in stock. Except Amazon which is allegedly getting them end of March.

A lot of Americans avoid Amazon too.  you’re saying that only North American and multi continental businesses have  a supply problem?  It’s not impossible I suppose.  Kinda of unlikely, but not impossible

7 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

A lot of Americans avoid Amazon too.  you’re saying that only North American and multi continental businesses have  a supply problem?  It’s not impossible I suppose.  Kinda of unlikely, but not impossible

Considering that all of the Ryzen 5000 CPUs are in stock in Europe, even though overpriced except the 5800x which is selling below msrp, i would say yes, northern America has a supply problem.

1 hour ago, RejZoR said:

People keep saying this nonsense. 5800X is superior to even 3900X except in all core scenario just because 3900X has more of them. Higher clock and higher IPC as well as more consistent higher clock boosting at same power consumption. If you're a gamer, 5800X is the shit and you have to be stupid not to opt for it. 5800X costs just 30€ more than 3900X. Again, if all core loads are not priority, 5800X is a better choice.

It's not really nonsense, though.

The 5800X does not exist in a vacuum. It is a very good product but its existence is made cloudier by the existence of the 5600X, which isn't really behind in gaming performance, and is priced too close to the 5900X, in which those really want/need the cores would be better off spending the extra on that or saving some coin and getting the 3900X.

Not to mention the 10700K (and the 10700F) has been on sale lately and on its own, is a better deal, which is also ironic considering the verdict on the 10700K is almost exactly the same as the 5800X when it was new.

No one should feel bad for buying a 5800X. It's a good product, but we also have to acknowledge AMD's market positioning of the chip. If the $150 difference between the 5600X and 5800X allows you to get a better GPU, I'd say spring for the GPU instead and go with the 5600X.

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

36 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

Yes I am aware of that, I'm also aware that every single one of those (or almost every, but I do doubt any are actually buying direct) get their stock from the same distributor, hence why they all have stock. Once that distributor is out of stock then all of them will collectively have no stock as well. Here we don't buy through Amazon either, that information is largely not relevant up until location actually does need to enter in.

I am however commenting over global supply at large and the persistent issue of Ryzen 5000 CPUs actually being in stock. However I am willing to accept that this state is becoming no longer an issue as production of certain custom SoC's would be reducing by this point.

P.S. Are you aware that not every comment or conversation is specifically about you or where you live? If your situation is largely better than global average then just be happy that it is, it's not actually a counter to a comment not specifically about where you are.