Do i need a rgb fan controller?

Matchafuka

can I use RGB fan without rgb controller and directly use split rgb on each fan and connect directly to the rgb pin on the motherboard? sorry for my english

My motherboard has 2 RGB 4 pins and 1 rgb 3 pins. Asrock B450M steel legend

Yes you can as long as you can identify correctly if you should use the 4-pin or 3-pin connector. In my computer all my fans are 3-pin.

It does not look like you need a fan/RGB controller

You can use up to 4 rgb fans per header in daisy chain or split.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

Unless you get the Corsair 140mm RGB fan that I got. I need a Corsair RGB controller to use it. I have tried connecting it to my motherboard, (Asus Strix B550) but it only flashes or lights up and dims.

8 hours ago, Obuxen said:

Unless you get the Corsair 140mm RGB fan that I got. I need a Corsair RGB controller to use it. I have tried connecting it to my motherboard, (Asus Strix B550) but it only flashes or lights up and dims.

in short yes ins long you can buy or make moded cables to hook corsair fans up with out there controller.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

• 4 weeks later...

Really? Is it hard to do the modded cables? I do have some experience with electrical work.

1 hour ago, Obuxen said:

Really? Is it hard to do the modded cables? I do have some experience with electrical work.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Corsair-RGB-Fan-To-Aura-Mystic-Light-Motherboard-A-RGB-Adapter/373424713804?hash=item56f1d8f04c:g:A90AAOSwzUdf-9PX

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

On 3/25/2021 at 3:32 PM, thrasher_565 said:

Awesome. Thanks a lot for the link. Kinda pricy to just get one single fan to work with RGB.

I've ordered a new air cooler, Noctua NH-D15 and I think I'm going to order a couple extra Nocturne fans, the same that comes with the cooler, and use those as the rear exhaust fans instead. Perhaps I could get some RGB light strips I could plug right into the motherboard and control with the Armoury app. Do you know of any good ones you would suggest?