Help! VGA light, no boot, GPU turns on

Hey guys, I could really use a hand coming up with more things that could be stopping my pc from booting. 

my build is currently: 

• ryzen 9 5900x 
  • Gigabyte rtx 3080 gaming oc
  • asus x570 prime mobo
  • gskill tridentz royal series 64gb (2x32gb) DDR4 3600
  • samsung 970 evo plus 1tb ssd 
  • corsair rm750x psu
  • corsair h100i rgb platinum se aio 240mm
  • lian li case fans 

It was working perfectly fine a day ago, but then my windows crashed twice (i got the 😞whoops something went wrong blue screen), it completely turned off after the second time it was done rebooting, and then the next time I turned it on my pc can’t boot and the white vga light on my mobo is on. The light on my gpu (the gigabyte that lights up) turns on and the fans spin for a few seconds before it stops at the same time my other fans slow down. The normal dram then cpu lights turn on and off as normal, but then the vga light turns on and never turns off. the boot light never turns on. 

I’ve tried: 

• testing the gpu in a different pcie slot 
  • unplugging and replugging my power cables and extensions 
  • turning it on without the gpu 
  • using a different hdmi slot on my gpu 
  • using a different hdmi cable 
  • cleaning the pcie slot 
  • connected my monitor to my laptop (it worked like normal)
  • looked for answers online but i found nothing like my current situation

None of the things above changed anything, so you’d be doing me a huge favor by letting me know what else I can try. I’m a cs major, but I’m pretty new to the hardware side of things so I’m still learning tons. Thanks! 

Hey there buddy! I can’t believe how similar our issues are

Slight differences:

RAM: Royal too, but 4000 MHz CL15 4x8GB sticks

GPU: PNY RTX 3090

Mine has a waterblock (which actually has no water since I got screwed up by the MB not recognizing R9 5900X because of the BIOS version so had to tear the whole thing down to install a R3 with integrated graphics for the update) so I see no fans spinning but nothing really happens too.

First thing, do you know the damn thing will not post if you have your monitor turned off and/or your cable not connected at the time of booting?

I hope this solves both your and my issue, will also come back to you if I solve it before it is solved here!

9 hours ago, BeatFX said:

Hey there buddy! I can’t believe how similar our issues are

Slight differences:

RAM: Royal too, but 4000 MHz CL15 4x8GB sticks

GPU: PNY RTX 3090

Mine has a waterblock (which actually has no water since I got screwed up by the MB not recognizing R9 5900X because of the BIOS version so had to tear the whole thing down to install a R3 with integrated graphics for the update) so I see no fans spinning but nothing really happens too.

First thing, do you know the damn thing will not post if you have your monitor turned off and/or your cable not connected at the time of booting?

I hope this solves both your and my issue, will also come back to you if I solve it before it is solved here!

damn that cpu switching sounds like a real pain. I wish the mobo came with the  preupdated to recognize r9, I wasted so much thermal paste switching out to my old cpu. 

thanks for the suggestion! unfortunately my monitor is connected and turned on before my pc boots so that’s not my problem... I’ve been thinking of buying a display cable and seeing if maybe that works instead of hdmi. best of luck figuring out your issue!!