Ryzen 2400G iGPU No DisplayPort Output

heyboi

Hello,

I have two monitors that each have HDMI, and I am running a Ryzen 2400G with the iGPU being used on a Gigabyte AB350N-Gaming WiFi. The issue is that the motherboard has one HDMI and one DisplayPort, the hdmi works fine and connects to a monitor but the DisplayPort does not connect. I have two separate DisplayPort to HDMI cables I’ve tried, but with either of them the entire display is not detected (not in device manager or anywhere else). 

Interestingly, I jerry rigged a DisplayPort -> DVI -> HDMI cable with two adapters and it actually registered the second monitor, though there was no output. 

I have fully updated Radeon software, all the chipset drivers are up to date, and I’m at my wits end as to what could be the issue. Every topic on the issue seems to be inconclusive or not quite applicable.

Any ideas out there? 

Thanks

Did this never work or was it working and then stopped?

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 minute ago, Bombastinator said:

Did this never work or was it working and then stopped?

Probably should have included in original post, I have a 1060 that was in the rig previously and that had no issues connecting with the same cables to the monitors. But I removed it and am trying to get this setup to work, I did a windows and bios reset just to make sure there wasn’t anything leftover. So it has never worked.

9 minutes ago, heyboi said:

Probably should have included in original post, I have a 1060 that was in the rig previously and that had no issues connecting with the same cables to the monitors. But I removed it and am trying to get this setup to work, I did a windows and bios reset just to make sure there wasn’t anything leftover. So it has never worked.

So never worked as set up.  It’s real possible that the APU will only run signal to one monitor at a time.  If you DONT have the HDMI plugged in will the DP port work?

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

4 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

So never worked as set up.  It’s real possible that the APU will only run signal to one monitor at a time.  If you DONT have the HDMI plugged in will the DP port work?

Nope, HDMI disconnected and DisplayPort connected it also doesn’t connect. Really the strangest thing. In the documentation for the motherboard it mentions that multiple monitors are enabled when the motherboard software is loaded into the OS, which I assume is the chipset drivers I’ve already installed. In other threads people have had multiple monitors connected with this APU and motherboard, so I’m wondering if my particular motherboard is just faulty somehow?

1 hour ago, heyboi said:

the hdmi works fine and connects to a monitor but the DisplayPort does not connect

It could just be a problem with the DP to HDMI cords you tried.  I had issues with that as well.  Certain adapters just outright didn't work at all.  I got it to work on my third try with a cable I got off Amazon.  I know that certain cables are uni-directional as well. So they will only work one way but not reversed. 

4 minutes ago, 57chevy said:

It could just be a problem with the DP to HDMI cords you tried.  I had issues with that as well.  Certain adapters just outright didn't work at all.  I got it to work on my third try with a cable I got off Amazon.  I know that certain cables are uni-directional as well. So they will only work one way but not reversed. 

The ones I have are DisplayPort out to hdmi in only, and that is how it’s setup, but I am thinking it must be the cord because my random cable I made out of adapters sent a signal. It’s just so odd because they are different brands, I have one generic Best Buy cable and one cable matters cable off Amazon, and they both do nothing. 

19 minutes ago, heyboi said:

I have one generic Best Buy cable and one cable matters cable off Amazon, and they both do nothing. 

I got a generic one from I think Officemax and some other one I forgot from where and it was a big fat nothing.  The one I got from Amazon was a Rankie and it finally worked perfectly.  Good luck though.  Hopefully it's just the cord and not the board or CPU. 

Put a GPU in, go to your BIOS and enable the APU, might be set off by default and resetting the CMOS wouldn't change that if that's the case.

1 hour ago, heyboi said:

Nope, HDMI disconnected and DisplayPort connected it also doesn’t connect. Really the strangest thing. In the documentation for the motherboard it mentions that multiple monitors are enabled when the motherboard software is loaded into the OS, which I assume is the chipset drivers I’ve already installed. In other threads people have had multiple monitors connected with this APU and motherboard, so I’m wondering if my particular motherboard is just faulty somehow?

That implies a problem with the DP port.  Is it mangled in any way?  They’re sort of famously fragile.  Could also be the cable.  DP is sort of famously fragile and easily broken

Edited by Bombastinator

8 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Put a GPU in, go to your BIOS and enable the APU, might be set off by default and resetting the CMOS wouldn't change that if that's the case.

I have it forced to be on the APU at boot, and I’ve gone through every other setting and there’s nothing that relates to the APU in there, unfortunately. 

8 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

That implies a problem with the DP port.  Is it mangled in any way?  They’re sort of famously fragile.  Could also be the cable.  DP is sort of famously fragile and easily broken

Ah, I’ve never used DisplayPort before so I hadn’t considered that. It totally is the port, when I wiggle the cable around it detects the display sometimes but the display says out of range. Thank you, I think the mystery is solved...was hoping it wasn’t the motherboard or anything, but it appears to be.