DELL R710 DVD/TBU_PWR Connector pinout

Erozionn

Does anyone know what the pinout is for the DVD/TBU_PWR connector on the Dell R710? Im trying get extra sata power DIY style without the GP703 cable.

Thanks!

Googling what those cables look like the voltages aren't complicated. A hobby DIYer should have a basic multi-meter. Probe the outputs and this will tell you the pin-out.

8 hours ago, Windows7ge said:

Googling what those cables look like the voltages aren't complicated. A hobby DIYer should have a basic multi-meter. Probe the outputs and this will tell you the pin-out.

Yeah I tried going that route but the connector is so small and in a awkward spot that I accidentally bridged 2 of the outputs and caused a fault code. Luckily the server is fine after a reboot but I'd like to avoid doing that again.

48 minutes ago, Erozionn said:

Yeah I tried going that route but the connector is so small and in a awkward spot that I accidentally bridged 2 of the outputs and caused a fault code. Luckily the server is fine after a reboot but I'd like to avoid doing that again.

If you already plan on DIY-ing your own cable extend the connections out with some wires then probe those wires instead of the connector itself. Once you know the pin-out from that reconnect the (hopefully) color coded wires accordingly.