Computer boots up randommly after a windows update

Cars Canadian

Hey, so it has happened 3 times now and I'm about to lose it, in the middle of the night (only after a windows update) my pc will boot up randomly and blind me while im sleeping, super annoying. I've noticed that it only happends after a windows update. My temporary fix is to just turn off the switch on the power supply after a windows update. I've also noticed that when I shutdown to do an update, it just restarts, finishes the update, and then shuts down right after.

There are a few things that I can think of that are the cause

1. I do have ICE enabled sharing my connection to a raspberry pi also running windows 10 (for arm dev purposes). I think this might cause it due to some sort of loopback, I don't really understand my BIOS so idk if "wake on wan" is on. But at the same time this raspberry pi is off, so not sure how that works

2. Some timer in the BIOS

3. Ghosts

here is a screen shot of the power management tab, if you need anymore information, please just ask. Thanks

697327725_20210227_1814021.thumb.jpg.292e5f270697059456d3a43063dbde70.jpg

29 minutes ago, Cars Canadian said:

Hey, so it has happened 3 times now and I'm about to lose it, in the middle of the night (only after a windows update) my pc will boot up randomly and blind me while im sleeping, super annoying. I've noticed that it only happends after a windows update. My temporary fix is to just turn off the switch on the power supply after a windows update. I've also noticed that when I shutdown to do an update, it just restarts, finishes the update, and then shuts down right after.

There are a few things that I can think of that are the cause

1. I do have ICE enabled sharing my connection to a raspberry pi also running windows 10 (for arm dev purposes). I think this might cause it due to some sort of loopback, I don't really understand my BIOS so idk if "wake on wan" is on. But at the same time this raspberry pi is off, so not sure how that works

2. Some timer in the BIOS

3. Ghosts

here is a screen shot of the power management tab, if you need anymore information, please just ask. Thanks

697327725_20210227_1814021.thumb.jpg.292e5f270697059456d3a43063dbde70.jpg

Have you tried turning on "Deep sleep in S4 & S5 Stage"?

hi, im renata bliss and am ur freestyle dance teacher

17 minutes ago, 1ppOverheat said:

Have you tried turning on "Deep sleep in S4 & S5 Stage"?

I'm a bit confused on what you mean by "S4 and S5". Also, how would I check what state my pc goes into when I shut it down?