My RTX 3070 has only 1x 8 pin connector - is that an issue?

bedobela
Go to solution Solved by SEAL62,

The manufacturers (even the cheaper ones) know pretty well what they are doing and if your GPU only comes with one 8-pin connector than that is the way it was intended by the manufacturer. So nothing to worry about here.

Hi everyone,

Since I am new to the whole pc masterrace... I managed to get my hands on one of the only available 3070 cards on our market (Romania) and it seems a low end card which got me a bit worried. The main reason for the concern is the fact that it only has 1x 8 pin connector. Is that an issue? 

Sorry if it is a stupid question but I didn't really find any relevant info anywhere about this.

It is this one

https://www.kfa2.com/kfa2/graphics-card/30-series/geforce-rtx-3070-oc.html

IMG_20210211_152450.jpg

IMG_20210211_152438.jpg

IMG_20210211_164622.jpg

The manufacturers (even the cheaper ones) know pretty well what they are doing and if your GPU only comes with one 8-pin connector than that is the way it was intended by the manufacturer. So nothing to worry about here.

Quote or tag me( @SEAL62 ) if you want me to see your reply

consider a reaction if I was funny, informative, helpful, or agreeable

CPU: Intel i9-9900K GPU: Aorus GeForce RTX 3080 Master Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
AIO: Corsair H150i RGB Platinum RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 3000MHz Case: Corsair iCUE 465X RGB PSU: Corsair RM750x White

HP Envy x360 Convertible

CPU: Intel i5-10210U GPU: NVIDIA GeForce MX250 RAM: 16 GB DDR4 2666 SSD: 512GB PCIe

3 minutes ago, bedobela said:

Hi everyone,

Since I am new to the whole pc masterrace... I managed to get my hands on one of the only available 3070 cards on our market (Romania) and it seems a low end card which got me a bit worried. The main reason for the concern is the fact that it only has 1x 8 pin connector. Is that an issue? 

Sorry if it is a stupid question but I didn't really find any relevant info anywhere about this.

It is this one

https://www.kfa2.com/kfa2/graphics-card/30-series/geforce-rtx-3070-oc.html

IMG_20210211_152450.jpg

IMG_20210211_152438.jpg

IMG_20210211_164622.jpg

Nah not an issue, dw about it.

(i like your keyboard btw, it reminds me of bubblegum for some reason lol)

hi, im renata bliss and am ur freestyle dance teacher

1 minute ago, SEAL62 said:

OK, great, thanks for the answer

Just now, 1ppOverheat said:

Nah not an issue, dw about it.

(i like your keyboard btw)

Thanks, it is a keychron K4 with a mix of Hami Melon and side printed black keycaps. It's great and feels great. Here's a photo of it if you're interested, the keycaps are mixed and matched on 2 different keyboards.

IMG_20210228_005018.jpg

25 minutes ago, bedobela said:

OK, great, thanks for the answer

Thanks, it is a keychron K4 with a mix of Hami Melon and side printed black keycaps. It's great and feels great. Here's a photo of it if you're interested, the keycaps are mixed and matched on 2 different keyboards.

IMG_20210228_005018.jpg

And is that a Lenovo C24-25 monitor?

11 hours ago, 1ppOverheat said:

And is that a Lenovo C24-25 monitor?

It is actually a Lenovo G27Q-20 monitor which is fairly new and didn't have too many reviews. It is OK apart from some color bleed on the top left but no dead pixels. Also, it is up to debate based on online reviews if it is G-sync compatible (no marketing regarding this but according to some listings it is) - but my system recognized it as G-sync compatible. I think it will be the best budget 27 inch 160 Hz IPS display but most of the reviewers didn't bother to look at it or didn't even receive it...

Overall it is not bad but has a pretty low build quality compared to my 60 Hz Dell which is 5 years old. Quality control is miles ahead in a more premium monitor obviously.

A little photo of the setup, I have to do some cable management as soon as the final 2 components come for the new pc. WFH + Gaming setup

IMG_20210228_123306.jpg

Screenshot 2021-02-28 123523.png

1 hour ago, bedobela said:

A little photo of the setup, I have to do some cable management as soon as the final 2 components come for the new pc. WFH + Gaming setup

IMG_20210228_123306.jpg

Screenshot 2021-02-28 123523.png

looks amazing, i fking love it.

1 hour ago, bedobela said:

IMG_20210228_123306.jpg

Sick setup!

Is that a G102 I spot next to your PC?

(also nice wooden wrist rest)

→  Kindly quote or mention me if you would like a reply back.

<famous quote>

On 2/28/2021 at 2:27 PM, Jayzer said:

Sick setup!

Is that a G102 I spot next to your PC?

(also nice wooden wrist rest)

Thanks. Yes, G103 indeed. I actually like it more for gaming then the G903. The wrist rest and the watch holder were made by my father and me. It is nice to make something exactly as you want. Also the desk is custom made by me. Luckily I have a carpenter father and sometimes do some fun projects together.

6 minutes ago, bedobela said:

Thanks. Yes, G103 indeed. I actually like it more for gaming then the G903. The wrist rest and the watch holder were made by my father and me. It is nice to make something exactly as you want. Also the desk is custom made by me. Luckily I have a carpenter father and sometimes do some fun projects together.

How did you buy an rtx 3070 from romania? I'm in romania too and the 3070s here are all priced at scalper prices. I'm trying to order one from the US and use MyUS to get it shipped to me.

1 hour ago, VibeChecker said:

How did you buy an rtx 3070 from romania? I'm in romania too and the 3070s here are all priced at scalper prices. I'm trying to order one from the US and use MyUS to get it shipped to me.

I managed to get if from a local store in Brașov (still overpriced at 4800 RON) but yeah... Mostly after looking on OLX for like 2 months, seeing 6000 RON prices and waiting for EVGA to make one available (not gonna happen in EU), I bought it. I was lucky though because I randomly called them and the girl who answered told me that they get a shipment of 30 series cards that day. So as soon as it appeared on the site I bought it and called them to confirm the order because there was one 3070 and 2 3080s for 9000 RON... The guy who I called wasn't too happy that I bought it but oh well... It was a rollercoaster ride but I am happy I got it.