Looking for a cheap, silent laptop for media consumption only (around 14")

Tolrag

Hello,

I need your lights, to make a purchase on a market I know almost nothing about. Thanks in advance to anyone who will take the time to read my request!

My girlfriend is looking for a laptop (13.5" to 14" display). It's only for media consumption (Netflix, YouTube other video websites.

It needs to not be too loud, to have a decent (not incredible) display, and decent Bluetooth and Wi-Fi. The lighter the device is, the better.

No requirement on ports, brand, aesthetics, or anything else. It would only need to play videos nicely, browse a bit, etc.

Chromebooks would be fine, even though Windows 10 would be preferable.

I don't have any set budget; I guess it would have to be under 350 euros though.

I have no idea if this is something that would be hard to find or not. If i'm asking for something that does not exist I apologize.

Whether you have a suggestion, or not, I thank you for having taken the time to read this post!

7 minutes ago, Tolrag said:

Hello,

I need your lights, to make a purchase on a market I know almost nothing about. Thanks in advance to anyone who will take the time to read my request!

My girlfriend is looking for a laptop (13.5" to 14" display). It's only for media consumption (Netflix, YouTube other video websites.

It needs to not be too loud, to have a decent (not incredible) display, and decent Bluetooth and Wi-Fi. The lighter the device is, the better.

No requirement on ports, brand, aesthetics, or anything else. It would only need to play videos nicely, browse a bit, etc.

I don't have any set budget; I guess it would have to be under 350 euros though.

I have no idea if this is something that would be hard to find or not. If i'm asking for something that does not exist I apologize.

Whether you have a suggestion, or not, I thank you for having taken the time to read this post!

Does a 2 in 1 hold any value to you. Also how important is webbrowsing with multiple tabs, this would require more ram,

34 minutes ago, Tolrag said:

Hello,

So I’d recommended the Aspire A515-43-R19L,

in the us it’s 445 usd, so like 368 euros.

a lot of reviews like aspire 5, it runs windows 10 with an ssd, and has a 1080p screen. That’s my 20 minute opinion.

Just now, Niswendel said:

So I’d recommended the Aspire A515-43-R19L,

in the us it’s 445 usd, so like 368 euros.

a lot of reviews like aspire 5, it runs windows 10 with an ssd, and has a 1080p screen. That’s my 20 minute opinion.

it is a 15 inch though

39 minutes ago, Tolrag said:

Hello,

Refurbished is great for that price

Hello! Just woke up, thank you two for the research you've done and the answers you've provided!

2 in 1 is not very important. To be clear, she would either watch videos, or browse and check e-mails and stuff, but not at the same time. If she had to look up something on google while watching video, she'd just grab her phone. So it does not need to be a 2 in 1. That's a good point though.

I have always been afraid of second-hand laptops (a lot of things can go wrong that I can't fix myself in these small machines), however, for that price range and use case, you are most likely correct. Refurbished might be the way to go.

I'm checking the references you gave me earlier. One of this model is 15,6 inches indeed, which is a bit too big for what I'm looking for, and the refurbished HP Chromebook seems to be closer to my budget and needs. However, it is in QWERTY (I need AZERTY). Though, it is a good lead and I'll keep searching similar laptops. I think you both gave me useful information to find something that's good in my location, and to have a grasp on the market's situation.

Thanks a lot!