Is my system is so dusty?

Curesto

Dust builds up in every system, it looks like you don't have much airflow in that particular case so dust will build up quicker there than cases with better airflow in general.

Edit: if you want to clean that dust out then I would suggest you take it outside and clean it with some compressed air that you can get from amazon for pretty cheap (or a hardware store). Could be worth taking it apart as the dust build-up looks pretty heavy there.

JOIN THE FIGHT AGAINST COVID-19 BY RUNNING FOLDING AT HOME!!

have a look at the thread below if your interested:

Home gaming and general work rig: CPU: 2700x with stock cooler Ram: Corsair vengeance pro RGB 16gb GPU: RX570 4GB (upgrading soon) Storage: 1x 500gb crucial SSD + 1tb HDD Mobo: B450-F gaming PSU: Corsair rmx550Case: Corsair 275R

F@H rig (In office and used for work too) CPU: 3600 Ram: Viper 16gb ram Mobo: B550-Tomahawk GPU's 1x 2080 super 1x 2060 super Storage: SN750 1tb Case: PC 011 Air PSU: Corsair RM850 Fans: 6x Noctua NF-12

Remember to quote me so I can see your reply!

Always Reply with a question if you have one! 😃

Protip: use an old toothbrush to clean your fans. It will probably work pretty well on the heatsinks too since the GPU heatsink is pretty shallow and you are using a stock Intel cooler.

I would recommend tearing everything out and doing a deep clean. It honestly probably isn't affecting your performance very much if at all, but it's still good to keep things maintained. Just be careful about what you use to clean your parts, don't use fluffy rags because they can cause ESD.

4 minutes ago, UpTheDons said:

Dust builds up in every system, it looks like you don't have much airflow in that particular case so dust will build up quicker there than cases with better airflow in general.

I don't know how to properly clean up the dust. CPU fan and GPU heatsink gets dusty very quickly. I usually trying to clean up the dust with vacuum cleaner and hair dryer. But, can't clean it up properly.

11 minutes ago, Curesto said:

I want to know if my system is so dusty.

IMG_20210224_010842_639.thumb.jpg.1cab70b2a9ae1fd6f9b1180972ef60ca.jpg

Typically when left in a cubby or small space the running components draw in dust even if you're not a smoker with no pets. I would personally look into i think they're called 80mm or 75mm fans although I could be wrong, but also a case swap would be ideal, but not necessary. the fact your back plates are all off as well with limited intake this means through its front panel its using the video cards exhaust as a front dust intake, Rising the pc can also help with limiting dust buildup if a case is not justifiable to purchase. Edit: Depending on the type of paint used that could as well have a cling effect to the dust.

Edited by Chris Greene
Just noticed it was painted

To be brutally honest, what I'm seeing is a system with very little cable management, but also just about as importantly, lots of case fan locations with no fans, and no real plan for where the one case fan is. I don't see any provision for a filter, and I wonder if you just run with that side panel off all of the time, based on the decorative paint.

If you want the best cooling, you need a good, clean path for air to flow. You also need your case to act like a wind tunnel or venturi. That one case fan with the open fan location and expansion slots are just creating a void for air to just stumble and recirculate. You also appear to have some kind of squirrel cage cooler for the chipsets/VRMs on there, and it is competing with the one case fan you have. If I were addressing this myself, I'd rework the cable management to open a cleaner path from bottom front of the case, put the one case fan there, put the expansion slot placeholders back in, and use tape to block off the rear case fan grates. If the power supply is set up properly, it should have a fan feeding from the bottom up, venting out the back, or vents in the bottom and a fan exhausting out the back. That can be your case's exhaust, with the front case fan being your intake. Run with the side panel on. If you can rig up a filter at the bottom front, with that strong air flow, it should solve most of the dusting issue within the case.

It is hard for some people to wrap their heads around actually closing off air paths in a computer case, but if there isn't a fan actively creating positive flow, it isn't going to help a whole lot.

17 hours ago, Curesto said:

I don't know how to properly clean up the dust. CPU fan and GPU heatsink gets dusty very quickly. I usually trying to clean up the dust with vacuum cleaner and hair dryer. But, can't clean it up properly.

The dust looks like PC is located in place with old concrete floor and walls, maybe also direct door access to street level or some heavy work equipment (ie. wood working shop, garage). So looks like the room is overall dustier than what some office space would be for example. That alone is biggest contributor. Your PC doesn't seem to have any case fans, and looking the age of the case, most likely not top vents either. So the fans on GPU and CPU + PSU are drawing air semi-passively in while PC is running. All vents are open, no dust filters to be seen. So every dust particle in air will get inside.

Solution: Get new case with better dust filters and couple of fans. Yes, fans will mean more dust can get into PC. But with proper filters it also means that majority of dust will get caught by filters.

Solution2: Move PC to cleaner room. Or clean the room its currently in more often. If the space is like foremans office in some workshop etc. then try to keep door close as much as possible, and ask your cleaning service to wipe floors and surfaces twice a week with damp cloth. Thats will get any dust fallen by night time out as much as possible.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

9 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

The dust looks like PC is located in place with old concrete floor and walls, maybe also direct door access to street level or some heavy work equipment (ie. wood working shop, garage). So looks like the room is overall dustier than what some office space would be for example. That alone is biggest contributor. Your PC doesn't seem to have any case fans, and looking the age of the case, most likely not top vents either. So the fans on GPU and CPU + PSU are drawing air semi-passively in while PC is running. All vents are open, no dust filters to be seen. So every dust particle in air will get inside.

Solution: Get new case with better dust filters and couple of fans. Yes, fans will mean more dust can get into PC. But with proper filters it also means that majority of dust will get caught by filters.

Solution2: Move PC to cleaner room. Or clean the room its currently in more often. If the space is like foremans office in some workshop etc. then try to keep door close as much as possible, and ask your cleaning service to wipe floors and surfaces twice a week with damp cloth. Thats will get any dust fallen by night time out as much as possible.

PC is located in my personal room, at my house. My room is pretty clean to avoid that much dust. But the location for case is at work table's PC case slot. This location gets dusty quickly.

I'm thinking about the raising case fan on the table, but there's no enough space on the table.

3 minutes ago, Curesto said:

PC is located in my personal room, at my house. My room is pretty clean to avoid that much dust. But the location for case is at work table's PC case slot. This location gets dusty quickly.

I'm thinking about the raising case fan on the table, but there's no enough space on the table.

Oh, ok. Well, PC located in normal room and near floor shouldn't get that much dust. So I would say you best bet is to invest modern case with proper dust filters. And by modern I mean that even some 5 year old cases are better than your current which by the looks is closer to 10 years old.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

5 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

Oh, ok. Well, PC located in normal room and near floor shouldn't get that much dust. So I would say you best bet is to invest modern case with proper dust filters. And by modern I mean that even some 5 year old cases are better than your current which by the looks is closer to 10 years old.

Thanks. It's an 14 years old case from 2007. I need to get new case.