PC freezes up then black screen and force restart

LividCake

Issue is described in the title, looking in event viewer it says 

Hypervisor launch failed; Either SVM not present or not enabled in BIOS.
The virtualization-based security enablement policy check at phase 0 failed with status: Virtual Secure Mode (VSM) is not initialized. The hypervisor or VSM may not be present or enabled.
The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

I have Virtualization disabled in BIOS and have Hyper-V turned off in control panel, every time this black screen happens I look in event viewer and it always has those events, I had a temperature control open at the time and both CPU and GPU were both around 50C.

Hardware
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600

GPU: Sapphire RX 580 Nitro+
RAM: HyperX Predator 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16
MOBO: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX

PSU: Corsair 650W
BIOS: 3.9 (30/11/2020)
GPU Driver: 20.11.2

For me (and some other people with AMD graphics), it seems to do this on a lot of driver versions (especially the 21.2.x ones). For me it got solved by uninstalling the current with DDU and installing 20.12.1 (didn't test versions other than 20.11.x & 21.2.x)

On 2/27/2021 at 6:11 PM, Pixelfie said:

For me (and some other people with AMD graphics), it seems to do this on a lot of driver versions (especially the 21.2.x ones). For me it got solved by uninstalling the current with DDU and installing 20.12.1 (didn't test versions other than 20.11.x & 21.2.x)

I did this and and it still happened with the same events in event viewer

1 hour ago, LividCake said:

I did this and and it still happened with the same events in event viewer

What is the exact PSU? This could also be the issue here

On 3/4/2021 at 6:42 PM, Pixelfie said:

What is the exact PSU? This could also be the issue here

Corsair Orange VS 650

12 hours ago, LividCake said:

Corsair Orange VS 650

Yeah that definitly isn't great. I'd say this would be the issue here. If you can return it do that and get a different one. Otherwise maybe you could sell it and buy a better one. Maybe it's caused by something else, but it's probably this. The only other thing that might cause it I can think of is an unstable overclock...

3 hours ago, Pixelfie said:

Yeah that definitly isn't great. I'd say this would be the issue here. If you can return it do that and get a different one. Otherwise maybe you could sell it and buy a better one. Maybe it's caused by something else, but it's probably this. The only other thing that might cause it I can think of is an unstable overclock...

Well since both cpu and gpu are running stock, and only ram running at XMP speed, I will presume it probably is the PSU