Do wireless mouse go to sleep?

shaun_idk

Do wireless mouse liek steelseries rival 3 automatically go to sleep and save battery life when not in use?

not too sure about that specific mouse

but my logitech wireless mouse (M525 and M546) both will sleep after certain period of inactivity

shaking them wakes it

i know of some other mouse that wakes when you click it, pretty sure it's a common feature, and not just logitech that's doing it

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

4 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

not too sure about that specific mouse

but my logitech wireless mouse (M525 and M546) both will sleep after certain period of inactivity

shaking them wakes it

i know of some other mouse that wakes when you click it, pretty sure it's a common feature, and not just logitech that's doing it

I know Corsair has a default of 15m of inactivity, but it can be changed in iCue software to ones needs. I would assume its common trend among the industry to have some sort of built in sleep mechanism to wireless mice to save batteries. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

I got a logitech G903 which is a (to 😛 ) high cost gaming mouse (besides the buttons being utter shit and reason to not buy it) it will wake after movement and mouse click which it will then report to PC as soon as possible so when you fire it actually fires.

It does take half an hour to go to sleep tho, cus gaming i think.

So yes even gaming mice go to sleep.

But as with most devices, turn them off when not using it for a day or so. Plan to not use it for longer take out the battery if thats an option.

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!