Mesh wifi / extender / acesspoint solution

WilsonPereira98

Hello everyone. 

I currently have my isp router in living room and on the other side of the appartment i have a extender. I want to have internet connection in my garage which is 3 floors down and bought a acesspoint. I tried to connect the ap from the extender ( doesnt have Internet acess although it says connected) ( yes, i made rj45 cable from appartment to garage.) Now the easy solution would be connect the garage cable to the router ( isp provider) but recently the house was " re-done" and personally now i dont want cables laying around the house.

I read something about mesh wifis which could be my solution ? Correct me if i am wrong, It will do my extender job and then i can connect a "output" rj45 and send to the ap? All mesh wifi devides could do this or they need to have input from router and then output ? Switch isnt a solution because i needed to cross cable trough the house

Thanks for your time everyone !  

Make sure your extender works from wifi TO ethernet. Lots of them block that for some reason and only work from ethernet to wifi.

(aka when you connect extender with cable it will extend. but if you extend trough wifi itself cable will do nothing. i would ask the manufacterer)

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!