Phanteks Halo (non-digital) RGB diasy-chaining

Schmo

Hi all, 

I have 11 Phanteks halos that I need to connect via a single RGB header. I don't know what the power draw is for these RGB rings, but frustratingly I only discovered after purchasing them that there was a digital RGB variant which has it's own Phanteks hub. They don't seem to make a non-digital powered hub. The halos can be daisy chained, but I don't know how many can be linked together onto one header.

Has anyone used these halos before, and if so, how many halos were you able to run off of one RGB motherboard header?

3 hours ago, Schmo said:

Hi all, 

I have 11 Phanteks halos that I need to connect via a single RGB header. I don't know what the power draw is for these RGB rings, but frustratingly I only discovered after purchasing them that there was a digital RGB variant which has it's own Phanteks hub. They don't seem to make a non-digital powered hub. The halos can be daisy chained, but I don't know how many can be linked together onto one header.

Has anyone used these halos before, and if so, how many halos were you able to run off of one RGB motherboard header?

i would look in your manual for how much the rgb header can do. then i would message phantec

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

3 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

i would look in your manual for how much the rgb header can do. then i would message phantec

Thanks for the reply. I had found the information earlier. The header supports 3A, and each Halo draws 0.5A so I'd only have support for just over half. 

I've decided to send them back now, and buy the Addressable (Digital) Halos, as Phanteks have a Digital RGB controller for these newer models. Plus I already have the controller. 

8 hours ago, Schmo said:

Thanks for the reply. I had found the information earlier. The header supports 3A, and each Halo draws 0.5A so I'd only have support for just over half. 

I've decided to send them back now, and buy the Addressable (Digital) Halos, as Phanteks have a Digital RGB controller for these newer models. Plus I already have the controller. 

oh ok

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links