Is a Internet term for this?

So is there a term for not quite the dark web, not the deep web either. But you can't really just google it, you have to go through hops and look for it and if lucky a forum from google may directly have the link to it. 

Still not the deep web because some of it you can actually google it with the right slang/word, at least some, acquired from an particular forum and it will redirect you to it. A bit like the days where you do really need a link and google not around.

Or Bing, something is better than nothing. By the way, I love Yahoo answers back in day the say and still love it albeit it is way less relevant for current discussions for about 9 years now. 2013 is where I draw the line though it have been declining really before it. 

I've been exploring the net in China, including Taiwan, Japan, Russia and getting into Koreas, the less Korea, and find that especially China and Japan lots refer to some sites as stations and like A station, B station, N station etc. A quick google and I got the result or on their native search engine especially the Chinese ones(Baidu). Though some other sites stations reference may be an banned one, an NSFW ones which are banned in some countries, and sometimes have two sites with the same beginning and the refered one is the prevalent one. While although banned, jump through the search engine adn a couple forum/sites lists/directory/rank traffic sites and I can access it(Dumo the firewall because I have dynamic VPN).

So is there a term for it?

Where I qualify deep web as directory only and purposely hides away sites even the 2 or more hops jump from a search engine to a forum containing the link(as some of the secondary forum link are hided by google as the some shooting videos that I know). 

So it is not quite the deep web.

Apparently, you still need an directory link at your possession or as an collection you have if you do really want something, beyond torrent even. Or those hidden torrent site, which may be confused in some case by copycats and proxys.

1 hour ago, DriftMan said:

non-indexed websites lol

google is not the internet, google is not even the public internet, google is just a program that looks part of the internet, index it like on a phone directory and it doesn't even show all the indexed directories if it doesn't suit google's policies

edit: because google is not the internet, you can still use other 5 search engines that probably show you the indexed websites you wanna see

None have it. 99.99%of the time if Google don't have it the other don't either. Beside that Google have become more restrictive of their indexating and more let's called it localised forums content and not showing them. Especially noticeable is some description below the title of the result, guess they scan for that now too. Have experienced it before and luckily I had my history and indexed the website. Was after an event in which h  most people was shocked in the western  world, especially. Back to the story I was dealing. Especially when dealing with Chinese, Japanese, Taiwanese, Russian stuff. Even Korean stuff. Which understanble. But even using there search engine such as Baidu, I have to jump hops and if I can find theyre slang/abbreviation for a site then I can mostly find it. They have the habit of abbreviting things. Ex; Google would be G site or G station as they like to call which I understand is a translation of site on literal form as like the physical form of a site. Facebook would be F site, not too endearing. But it comes out actually great in Chinese and Japanese. F is still F and it is not lost on anybody've seen. It is so curious and seen that internet in different places is the same yet different. Much like everything and something. 

Anyway, non index website is good way to describe it. However do we have something more cooler? Cause Dark and Deep web seem cooler. Was wondering in that vein of things.

Lead to this rabbit hole when I am trying to find some source for an anime not the English version(which sucks because the distributor mix up the story because of the prequel Wich they do not have).

3 hours ago, We Didnt_t start_the_fire said:

Anyway, non index website is good way to describe it. However do we have something more cooler? Cause Dark and Deep web seem cooler. Was wondering in that vein of things.

Non-indexed web is pretty much what the deep web is.

You'll randomly find links to part of the deep web, but basically, the deep web is stuff that accessible from a browser or an application, but isn't indexed by the big search engines.

It really can be anything, from personal websites hosted at home, to illegal stuff. If it's invisible to search engines, then it's the deep web.

The dark web is hosted on different layers of the web, meaning you need specific software to access is, the TOR network with it's onion websites is the most known exemple.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !