Yesterday "0d" post error, today only one stick is recognized

chimimoryo

So I put together a new system in the wee hours of the morning yesterday. My CPU finally got here after being purchased at launch. So after the initial putting it together outside of my case to make sure everything was working properly, I got the '0d' error. I jumped on here to ask about it because it wasn't listed in my manual. It was recommended that I just use one stick of ram, I did that and I was able to install windows. I then added one more stick, it posted. I added a third, it posted. Then I added the fourth and it posted too. I never bothered to check how much it was registering. I even enabled asus's xmp, docp, and it was able to post. So with the relief the system had windows installed and posting, I went to bed.

So today, I took out my old parts, thoroughly cleaned my old case, put the new parts in, started installing everything, and making my new computer like my old one. I decided to check my system tab in windows and it only showed 8 gigs, I should have 32. I restarted and hopped in the bios, and the bios too said 8 gigs, and what's worse, 2400mhz, it should be 3600. 

Any suggestions?

edit

the motherboard is an asus crosshair vii, the ram is 4 sticks of team xtreem 8g cl18 3600

As I was reseating my m.2, I took the opportunity to reseat the ram again as well, and now everything is working fine