ALL Sounds are flat while gaming

CheeseGod

I've had issues with sound since I've began gaming on my pc from console. I cannot figure out the issue but no matter what headset I use I basically have no directional audio, no bass, the sound is just flat. When I hear footsteps I just hear footsteps & I can't tell where they're coming from. I've used both a sennheiser 600 & a steelseries arctis pro (wired). When I'm on console I can hear just fine. When I ask people with the same setup about this issue they say they can hear just fine. I don't even wear my headset anymore & I'm literally using it as a speaker. 

Is there a chance you may have your audio set to mono? Or have some sort of software that may be affecting audio. Is imaging and such affected as well for music and videos or is this just video games?

One other thing to do is to make sure that any sort of "enhancements" are turned OFF in windows sound settings. They usually just screw things up.

This is one area where Apple has largely gotten it right. Their software handles audio much better than Windows does. There's a very good reason why the pro audio industry so heavily favors macs. 

9 hours ago, H713 said:

One other thing to do is to make sure that any sort of "enhancements" are turned OFF in windows sound settings. They usually just screw things up.

This is one area where Apple has largely gotten it right. Their software handles audio much better than Windows does. There's a very good reason why the pro audio industry so heavily favors macs. 

Where can I find these enhancements?  I don't see them.  Are you talking about the actual settings when I click on the cog wheel or do I have to right click on the sound bar?