RTX 3070 FE from Best Buy

Go to solution Solved by RONOTHAN##,
20 minutes ago, GenericBot1 said:

Hey guys, so about a month ago I did a new pc build and the final piece of the puzzle is an rtx 3070. I saw that best buy had the FE retailing for the msrp at $500. I know how their drops work because I got a Ryzen 5600x from one around the start of February. my question is if anyone here knows when another drop will occur and how they are selling the cards for $500 when everything else has a price hike of 10%-50%. The last question is just out of curiosity. 

The reason why it's being sold at MSRP is that the card is provided by NVIDIA and they can absorb the tariffs imposed on computer hardware. The AIBs like EVGA and MSI are operating on such thin margins that if they sold their cards for MSRP they'd be losing money. 

Hey guys, so about a month ago I did a new pc build and the final piece of the puzzle is an rtx 3070. I saw that best buy had the FE retailing for the msrp at $500. I know how their drops work because I got a Ryzen 5600x from one around the start of February. my question is if anyone here knows when another drop will occur and how they are selling the cards for $500 when everything else has a price hike of 10%-50%. The last question is just out of curiosity. 

BB had a drop yesterday during the 3060 launch. It was abysmal. I was watching a stock tracker stream with over 5k viewers and at the end of it only 2 people reported having secured a 3060. And only a little over 100 people got a GPU of any kind.

I think generally BB seems to do bi-weekly drops or so? But I'd just keep your eye out for any news. 

As for why they sell at MSRP, well that's their decision. I guess they have decided as a company it's not worth their time, and/or the possible reputation hit to intentionally sell items above MSRP.

20 minutes ago, GenericBot1 said:

The reason why it's being sold at MSRP is that the card is provided by NVIDIA and they can absorb the tariffs imposed on computer hardware. The AIBs like EVGA and MSI are operating on such thin margins that if they sold their cards for MSRP they'd be losing money.