One 2080 super and a Rx 580

GettingToasty
Go to solution Solved by RONOTHAN##,

It's possible, just make sure the 2080 super is in the top slot of your motherboard and you should be fine. I forget exactly how to set it up in a miner, but there are multiple guides online for how to do it.

Hey guys kind of new to all this but was just wondering. I have my rtx 2080 super running for all my games and everything else, I was curious if i could throw in the Radeon Rx 580 to maybe just run background mining? I know the rx 580 would not be ideal for mining but i just have one lying around curious if i could make use out of it

It's possible, just make sure the 2080 super is in the top slot of your motherboard and you should be fine. I forget exactly how to set it up in a miner, but there are multiple guides online for how to do it.

1 minute ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Thanks a lot sir. I do know how to set it up just didn't want to screw anything up by using them at the same time

1 minute ago, GettingToasty said:

Thanks a lot sir. I do know how to set it up just didn't want to screw anything up by using them at the same time

Worst thing that will happen is Nvidia's drivers might not let you change some settings while the 580 is in there. IIRC the way to fix that is just to force close Radeon Software and restart the mining application