Fan "pulsing" noise

TazerXI

I use the syzen 5 3600 stock cooler, with the fan that came with my case (thermlatake h200 tg snow), and they make sound that I would describe as "pulsing". Like they ramp up, get load, then get really quite, rinse and repeat. I am fine wiht either load or quite fans, but not ones constantly changing the rpm. This is exagerated further when I use the turbo fan mode in the bios, or use a custom profile (same as standard, but with a higher minimum fan speed). Does anybody know how to fix this? IDK if the case fan is DC or PWM, but there is a switch to change between the two in the bios, and I can't remember how many pins it had on the connector.

Quote me for an answer, and to help track conversations

PC: tuf b450m plus gaming, ryzen 5 3600, 1650 OC (gigabyte windforce), corsair vengeance 16gb @ 3200mhz

So is this stock cooler an AMD stock cooler or merely what came with a prebuilt machine which while “stock” would not be what people generally refer to as stock coolers.  The 3600x generally came with a stealth or a spire iirc. In either case ryzen2 will dramatically vary its clock speed and hence heat production all by itself.  You may be able to solve your problem simply by diddling the fan curves a bit.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

10 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

So is this stock cooler an AMD stock cooler or merely what came with a prebuilt machine which while “stock” would not be what people generally refer to as stock coolers.  The 3600x generally came with a stealth or a spire iirc. In either case ryzen2 will dramatically vary its clock speed and hence heat production all by itself.  You may be able to solve your problem simply by diddling the fan curves a bit.

It is a custom built PC, and the one that came with the 3600 non x. I think it is where the CPU gets hot, the fans ramp up, the CPU cools down from the mention fan speed, and so the fans go down, so the CPU gets hot etc. etc. I might just do some fan curve tweaks

Quote me for an answer, and to help track conversations

PC: tuf b450m plus gaming, ryzen 5 3600, 1650 OC (gigabyte windforce), corsair vengeance 16gb @ 3200mhz

Is it just making noise or ramping up constantly? Because those have different causes and different possible fixes. If its just ramping up, then having custom fan curve is the solution, and adjusting the curve so that it doesn't ramp up so aggressively.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv