240hz build (valorant and csgo)

sqcazeef

So my current pc is a i7 6700k, gtx 1070, 16gig ram 2400mhz

On valorant im able to stable 144 fps and on csgo over 300 but im looking to bring valorant up to a stable 240hz, This is my cart for the upgrade with the monitor and my budget is 1000$ including the monitor. I want to keep using my 1070 with my potentially new i9 9900k but wanted to ask the forums would i actually get better fps with this upgrade since. ( dont think i need new gpu since im fps hungry and dont care about fidelity) https://www.amazon.com/gp/cart/view.html?ref_=nav_cart

10 minutes ago, sqcazeef said:

So my current pc is a i7 6700k, gtx 1070, 16gig ram 2400mhz

On valorant im able to stable 144 fps and on csgo over 300 but im looking to bring valorant up to a stable 240hz, This is my cart for the upgrade with the monitor and my budget is 1000$ including the monitor. I want to keep using my 1070 with my potentially new i9 9900k but wanted to ask the forums would i actually get better fps with this upgrade since. ( dont think i need new gpu since im fps hungry and dont care about fidelity) https://www.amazon.com/gp/cart/view.html?ref_=nav_cart

if you are looking for the most fps possible do not get a 9900k. I have over 200 hours in valorant and if you are looking for the most fps possible, go with a Ryzen 5000 CPU. They absolutely destroy any Intel CPU in gaming for esports titles. CSGO hits over 800FPS with any Ryzen 5000 series CPU with a 3080. Expect like 500 with a 1070
A 1070 and a 5800x can hit a stable 400+ FPS on all low

Anyway, what is your country and budget? What is your current PSU, and what is your case and motherboard?

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

America 600 watt Motherboard and case are proprietary prebuilt but in the cart i have a new case and a new motherboard for it may i ask which 5000 series u have cuz my budget is 1000$ with the monitor so i dont know if i have enough budget

14 minutes ago, Downkey said:

if you are looking for the most fps possible do not get a 9900k. I have over 200 hours in valorant and if you are looking for the most fps possible, go with a Ryzen 5000 CPU. They absolutely destroy any Intel CPU in gaming for esports titles. CSGO hits over 800FPS with any Ryzen 5000 series CPU with a 3080. Expect like 500 with a 1070
A 1070 and a 5800x can hit a stable 400+ FPS on all low

Anyway, what is your country and budget? What is your current PSU, and what is your case and motherboard?

America 600 watt Motherboard and case are proprietary prebuilt but in the cart i have a new case and a new motherboard for it may i ask which 5000 series u have cuz my budget is 1000$ with the monitor so i dont know if i have enough budget

4 minutes ago, sqcazeef said:

honestly any 5000 series would be better than the 9900k 

you could also go with a higher end CPU cooler

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

Just now, sqcazeef said:

also what is an "america 600 watt"

If thats the actual name of the psu swap that out. sounds like a fire waiting too happen

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

1 minute ago, Downkey said:

honestly any 5000 series would be better than the 9900k 

I already have a 144hz build/monitor, do u not think that im able to upgrade to a 240hz build within budget? should i wait or what u think

1 minute ago, Downkey said:

also what is an "america 600 watt"

If thats the actual name of the psu swap that out. sounds like a fire waiting too happen

You said what country sorry and idk it originally was a prebuilt didnt specify brand or anyhting

Just now, sqcazeef said:

I already have a 144hz build/monitor, do u not think that im able to upgrade to a 240hz build within budget? should i wait or what u think

Just now, sqcazeef said:

You said what country sorry and idk it originally was a prebuilt didnt specify brand or anyhting

ok im stupid lol

Anyway, what is the specific 600W PSU? you should specify, then we will know if you have too buy a new one.

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

2 minutes ago, Downkey said:

ok im stupid lol

Anyway, what is the specific 600W PSU? you should specify, then we will know if you have too buy a new one. 

I already have a 144hz build/monitor, do u not think that im able to upgrade to a 240hz build within budget? should i wait or what u thinkHonestly have no idea i probably have to budget that in also 

28 minutes ago, sqcazeef said:

I already have a 144hz build/monitor, do u not think that im able to upgrade to a 240hz build within budget? should i wait or what u thinkHonestly have no idea i probably have to budget that in also 

Well if your current PSU is okay then you can afford a 240hz monitor. Please tell me your current PSU. If it’s okay then we can afford a 240hz monitor

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

9 hours ago, Downkey said:

there's better coolers than this at the same price range while not having the garbage mounting kit. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W