Looking for Laptop Recommendations

For my next laptop, I want to make it full use of work load and light gaming (nothing intensive). Here are my criteria for my desire need: My

• Budget: $500 less or around that range
  • Any CPU with at least 4 cores
  • SSD storage type, 128GB or higher
  • 8GB RAM
  • Laptop size must be less than 15 inches
  • CPU
    AMD Ryzen 5 1600
  • Motherboard
    MSI B350 PC Mate
  • RAM
    Team T-Force Vulcan 16GB (2x8)
  • GPU
    ASUS Geforce GTX 1060 6GB
  • Case
    Phanteks Eclipse P400
  • Storage
    WD 1TB 7200RPM, WD Blue 500GB SSD
  • PSU
    CORSAIR CX Series CX650 650W
  • Display(s)
    Dell SE2717HR 27" 75HZ
  • Cooling
    AMD Wrath Spire
  • Keyboard
    Rosewill Neon k85
  • Mouse
    Rosewill Neon m59
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 64-bit Pro

On 2/26/2021 at 11:43 AM, The Great Kamek said:

For my next laptop, I want to make it full use of work load and light gaming (nothing intensive). Here are my criteria for my desire need: My

• Budget: $500 less or around that range
  • Any CPU with at least 4 cores
  • SSD storage type, 128GB or higher
  • 8GB RAM
  • Laptop size must be less than 15 inches

The Latitude 5490 and ThinkPad T480 may be good candidates. Pretty thin and light, but the processors will handle some very light gaming if need be. They'd get pretty foo battery life, especially the T480.

The T480 has the option of a bridge battery (meaning you can total 96Wh, which is very respectable), and you can upgrade the heatsink to the dGPU model for better cooling. That said, they cost more than the 5490 and have issues with the Thunderbolt/charging ports failing due to bad firmware. If you decide to get one make sure you can return it and update the firmware ASAP. You probably won't find an MX150 model for under $500, but the iGPU models can be found for less if you look hard enough. Latitude 5490s can be found for about $3-400.

The ThinkPad E495 isn't as durable as the T480 or 5490, but they're much better than the older models, and you get Ryzen 3xxxU processors. These aren't as great as the 4000 series chips, but you still get the iGPU boost over Intel. Unfortunately, these are somewhat hard to find under $500, however there are a couple around that price.

I hope this reply can help you out with your search.

Main PC: Ryzen 1600 @4GHz, 16GB 2933 MHz DDR4, 1060 6GB blower card.

Laptop: ThinkPad T580 (i5, iGPU, FHD, 16GB RAM, 256 SSD+1TB HDD). Used with both the regular and extended-run batteries (RIP power bridge).