Is there such a thing as this? Asking for a friend

Hi. Here's a regular PC Case.

image.png.280393ecc9f68bc731134003627e8550.png

But is there such a thing as this? Not this specific case, just an "opposite" case in general where things point the other way?

Asking for a friend

image.png.24a0b057637118acd8a73a482b1a6a1f.png

6 minutes ago, Shabba said:

But is there such a thing as this? Not this specific case, just an "opposite" case in general where things point the other way?

yes, cases with inverted motherboard trays. it's not the exact way you picture it because the motherboard itself can't be reversed, just flipped upside down, but it achieves the same thing

https://www.gamersnexus.net/hwreviews/2221-corsair-600c-case-review-and-benchmark

an example of an inverted case

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Some day people just decided the motherboard is mounted on the right panel (looking from the front), meaning when they were adding windows to cases, they made the left side open.

Now it's such a standard, no case manufacturer will deviate from said standard.

There has been a case which was able to be reversed, the Be Quiet Silent Base 801, where you were able to flip the motherboard assembly, allowing for a 'reverse' build. Didn't really take off as a product category though. 

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

1 minute ago, Fasauceome said:

yes, cases with inverted motherboard trays. it's not the exact way you picture it because the motherboard itself can't be reversed, just flipped upside down, but it achieves the same thing

So essentially all your motherboard components would be upside down?

1 minute ago, minibois said:

Some day people just decided the motherboard is mounted on the right panel (looking from the front), meaning when they were adding windows to cases, they made the left side open.

Now it's such a standard, no case manufacturer will deviate from said standard.

There has been a case which was able to be reversed, the Be Quiet Silent Base 801, where you were able to flip the motherboard assembly, allowing for a 'reverse' build. Didn't really take off as a product category though. 

It's a bummer because the best positions for my PC at home are with the glass panel beside the wall, so I don't get the RGB money shot.

I mean, my friend

1 minute ago, Shabba said:

So essentially all your motherboard components would be upside down?

yep. and everything that plugs into it, such as the graphics card. aside from that it's the same as a standard case.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

6 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

yep. and everything that plugs into it, such as the graphics card. aside from that it's the same as a standard case.

Interesting. Is there a recognized term for this "Southpaw" type of case? Seems to be "Inverted", I just googled it

i think the uk used to have it standard there but i think they whent in to a resetion or something and custom pcs cooling stooped.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

That standard, where the motherboard was flipped right to left but upside down was called BTX.

Intel created it, and a bunch of Optiplex-like manufacturers adopted it.

The whole idea was that the CPU would be in the bottom front of the case, and it would be cooled by a "cooling module" that was basically a front fan, a mini wind tunnel, and a big passive heatsink.

Everyone hated it, though, because it killed backwards compatibility, and it never came back.

elephants

13 hours ago, FakeKGB said:

That standard, where the motherboard was flipped right to left but upside down was called BTX.

Intel created it, and a bunch of Optiplex-like manufacturers adopted it.

The whole idea was that the CPU would be in the bottom front of the case, and it would be cooled by a "cooling module" that was basically a front fan, a mini wind tunnel, and a big passive heatsink.

Everyone hated it, though, because it killed backwards compatibility, and it never came back.

well that btx but there are inverted atx case as well.

BTXBoard06.jpg

image.jpeg.cdb2512a502d64f81983060cdf32cb94.jpeg

8b9f-dsc-0324-1.jpg

then there lian li

4591_30_lian_li_pc_100_the_hammer_mid_to

then there's the 90 degree case were it can have a benefit.  but with out a vertical gpu adapter it still not grate.

millennium-right-inverted-vertical-mount

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links