Could I squeeze out any more meaningful power out of my 1070?

Cyberspirit

So, I've been playing a bunch of vr games and I would really love to get some more performance out of my card without lowering the graphics more but I'm not sure what exactly my options are. I have overclocked it as far as I could but I can't push it further because the card is power limited.

I know about shunt modding but I don't wanna go there since if the card broke, it would be a pain to replace right now.

Here's the PCPartPicker link for my full specs:

Make sure to quote or tag people, so they get notified.

12 minutes ago, Cyberspirit said:

So, I've been playing a bunch of vr games and I would really love to get some more performance out of my card without lowering the graphics more but I'm not sure what exactly my options are. I have overclocked it as far as I could but I can't push it further because the card is power limited.

I know about shunt modding but I don't wanna go there since if the card broke, it would be a pain to replace right now.

what games are you playing the 1070 has no problem for me even with games like half life alyx

4 minutes ago, Cyberspirit said:

To my knowledge other than that or upgrading your GPU you don't have any other choice, you could try optimizing windows, though I believe that will help with GPU usage, what you could also try is playing around with the settings of the game and disabling and lowering certain settings that do not really affect the overall visuals too much if at all. There is a video by the low spec gamer which shows some of the settings you can modify to improve performance.

12 minutes ago, Cyberspirit said:

What games are giving you a problem? I had no issues running anything on a rx580 with a rift s.

If you're overclocked already, basically no.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

16 minutes ago, Cyberspirit said:

Which Vr headset do you have? Me personally I can play half life alyx on my index 90hz no problem on high graphics. (2070)

PM or DM me if you have any questions about audio.

My PC specs & audio gear

CPU > Intel core i7 14700K, GPU > RTX 4070 ProArt, RAM > Corsair Vengeance DDR5 2x16gb 5600mhz, Motherboard > Asus ROG Strix B760-F, Storage > 1TB M.2  & 500GB M.2 Kingston, Cooling > H150i Elite, PSU > MSI A850GL

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

Beyerdynamic Tygr 300 R w/ Dekoni Velour as daily driver

Soundblaster AE-9 Soundcard

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

Keyboard > SteelSeries Apex Pro

Mouse > Steelseries Aerox 3 wireless

Mousepad > Pulsar ParaSpeed XXL

VR > Valve index kit

Read this post if you want a "gaming" headset ;)

2 hours ago, savagepain said:

what games are you playing the 1070 has no problem for me even with games like half life alyx

2 hours ago, jaslion said:

What games are giving you a problem? I had no issues running anything on a rx580 with a rift s.

Not really an issue, I can get by in most games but I'm just curious if there's anything at all I could do to get some more frames since GPU prices and availability is insane out here.

1 hour ago, Tigerleon said:

Which Vr headset do you have? Me personally I can play half life alyx on my index 90hz no problem on high graphics. (2070)

I'm using an index as well.

Make sure to quote or tag people, so they get notified.