Game causing monitor sleep to freeze PC

Cissamannen

Hello,

I have an issue that happens with 2 specific games. Resident Evil 5, and Resident Evil 6.

Whenever I have had one of these games opened, even just the main menu, my monitors will not fully go into standby after closing them.

I have tested reinstalling directx, gfx driver, changing certain settings in game, always same issue. 
When the screens goes into standby, it turns off display, but there is still backlight going on the black screen. This is how its stuck until i hard reboot it. It will not wake up from this state.

I also tried rebooting normally after opening one of the games once, and after the "Rebooting" is finished showing, screens go dark, with the backlight still on, and freezes there. Again having to hard reboot.

I will note, that the system is operational in the background when the standby freezes in that mode, as my Plex server still runs and I can hear notifications through speaker.

Changing about power settings have done nothing to help either. And it is only those 2 specific games that have caused this to happen. Event log also shows nothing when it occurs.

Setup:
Intel Core i7 5930K

Asus X99-Deluxe

Crucial DDR4-2400 4GB x8

Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 x2 (SLI)

I've tried searching the web for answers but have come up empty handed.