150GBP Phone

truemax

Hi all

Looking for 150 British pound smartphone for my mom.  From uk amazon or argos.

Usage whatsapp and calls.

What companies can i look at who don't force any ads as recently saw in few budget phone reviews.

Atm looking at honor 20e.

Even better would be phone less than 6 inches. 5.5-5.8 maybe

Her current phone is some sorts of alcatel with 480 display.

From my research all i can find is few known brands and all never heard before.

Looked at oneplus n100 but its 6.52" 720p

Buy a Motorola E-whatever-the-latest is (I think E6S?)

Cheap, simple, runs stock Android, and from a reputable brand.

My grandparents have one for the same purpose you describe and they're very happy with it. I have a moto G (the next up the range and well worth the upgrade if you can afford it but the screen is much bigger) and I'm a big fan too.

Edit: this one: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Motorola-Peacock-Blue-Dual-a_NA/dp/B085J9ZY8P/ref=sr_1_9?dchild=1&keywords=Moto+E&qid=1614348789&sr=8-9

Edit edit: Red version of the above: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Motorola-E6s-Sunrise-Red-Dual/dp/B085J9RGMB/ref=psdc_356496011_t5_B085J9ZY8P

Edit edit edit: I think this is the slightly older one my grandparents have, and it has a 5.5 inch screen which should fit your requirement better. This would be my top recommendation: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Motorola-Smartphone-Dual-SIM-Android-Pixel-Black/dp/B081HL8C21/ref=pb_allspark_session_sims_desktop_6?pd_rd_w=mMsYl&pf_rd_p=2b4dbb61-2813-4386-81ae-b89765d1d1f0&pf_rd_r=CV3X7X21QFMGK25807VS&pd_rd_r=605da823-c3e2-4605-b8bd-81e29a13bff9&pd_rd_wg=aw8Dh&pd_rd_i=B081HL8C21&psc=1

Please let me know if that's suitable or if you require any further assistance.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

I would suggest looking at some phones that have Android One, they get at least 2 years of updates and run bone stock android. There's quite a few models out there at various prices from Motorola, HTC and Nokia. The motora One Action seems pretty decent, 128 gb, 4gb ram, exynos 9609 with 8 cores and a mali g72-mp3, should be great for day to day use.

4 hours ago, huilun02 said:

Order too tall

No results found

.... except for the one I just linked in the second post in this thread!!

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.