Please help me understand heat pipe technology and orientation

BogdanovCoding

TLDR: is it OK to have a heat pipe mounted sideways instead of vertical? Would it still work, would it work properly?

Long version: Hello everyone. I purchased all of the pc components already except for the heatsink and fan combo. I am currently looking at "Zalman CNPS9500" to toss onto my CPU. I do not understand if orientation is important because the product has heat-pipes. From my understanding the liquid inside the heat pipe turns into gas, gas then floats up because gas is lighter than liquid, then gas cools with the assistance of a fan, cold gas then turns back to liquid and then floats down inside the heat pipe to repeat the cycle. I have a pc case that is a tower. So the gas will not be evaporating from the bottom to the top, it will be evaporating sideways? Would it work? would it work efficiently? Is it OK to have a sideways mounted heatsink or should I lay my PC case on its side so that heat pipe is properly oriented from top to bottom? Is there such a thing as "proper orientation" for modern heat pipes?  Thanks a lot in advance to anyone who shares their wisdom with me!

I can't say exactly how it works, but the standard heatpipes in PC coolers are not at all affected by gravity or the orientation.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.