Idle PC uses 100% of GPU and freezes out

Marzy

Hi guys,

I have new system up and running, but have a weird issue sometimes, that happens randomly once every few days or even weeks. It's not consistent.

It happened today as well, I had browser open and sound cloud playing music, noticed that it's frozen but music still playing, Task Manager shows GPU usage of 100% but there are no processes that shows anything. PC is kinda frozen but not 100% so you couldn't do anything. I can see many people having same issues with Gigabyte, I think I started to regret that I built it, always was an Asus fan.. I googled it but cannot find a solution yet. There are not errors, or BSOD, events log also doesn't really show anything. These are my specs:

MB: Gigabyte B460 Aorus PRO
CPU: Intel i7-10700K
RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro
GPU: MSI Geforce GTX 1060

First issue I had was with RAM's and Gigabyte software interfering with Corsair software which was fixed, now I don't understand what else could be wrong here, never had such issue in 20 years 

Are you reusing an old primary drive with an OS on it from a previous build?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

No, brand new M2 SSD's only old thing I am running is my GTX 1060 as I cant get hold of 3080 anywhere for reasonable price :S

• 3 weeks later...

Also, I noticed that my RAM's are around or above 40C on idle. Not too high?

rams.JPG